+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP from Quebec

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hello,

I applied to EE under CEC in August from Quebec and currently in IP2. My intention is to leave Quebec and settle in Ontario whenever I find a job or become a PR. I have family and friends in Ontario and I have studied there. Currently I am employed in Montreal and my PGWP expires in late April. My questions are
1. Is it possible to extend my work-permit through BOWP program from Quebec and still work in Montreal while waiting for my PR? or Shall I move out first and then apply for the BOWP?
2. If I apply for extension through Quebec (which is a closed work-permit) would it negatively impact my EE application? The reason I am asking is that based on the CIC website Quebec residents are not eligible for BOWP but on their website it clearly says if I am in quebec and hold a CSQ (which I do) I can extend my stay though Quebec. But then I am confused if it is a negative point as I have intended I will move out of Quebec...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Thanks

DarshanDalvi

Jan 27, 2019
Thanks rajahoomi.
I applied for bowp from quebec itself..but after applying within 10 days i got my Landing email for PR. So as i have the copr now i have applied to withdraw my bowp application.

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Moved to Ontario and applied... now waiting for the result... What about you?
Hi rajahoomi,

Did you get your work permit?

Currently, I am in montreal but I will move to Ontario since my quebec employer offers me a remote position.

Also, could we quit the remote job of quebec employer and apply BOWP without any job?

Thank you so much

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hi rajahoomi,

Did you get your work permit?

Currently, I am in montreal but I will move to Ontario since my quebec employer offers me a remote position.

Also, could we quit the remote job of quebec employer and apply BOWP without any job?

Thank you so much
Yes... I don't think you are even required to live in Ontario. You are applying for an OPEN WORK PERMIT and you are allowed to work anywhere in Canada...

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Yes... I don't think you are even required to live in Ontario. You are applying for an OPEN WORK PERMIT and you are allowed to work anywhere in Canada...
Thank you so much for your answer, but do we need a job offer when we apply BOWP after moving to Ontario ?

Since, my Quebec employer offers me a remote position, I am not sure if this will have negative effect on my application.

Is it better if I quit/reject this remote offer?

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Thank you so much for your answer, but do we need a job offer when we apply BOWP after moving to Ontario ?

Since, my Quebec employer offers me a remote position, I am not sure if this will have negative effect on my application.

Is it better if I quit/reject this remote offer?
You are not required to have a job.T don't even check if you work I believe...
Here is how they check your application:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

ndai

Jul 18, 2019

ndai

Jul 18, 2019
Let me know how your application goes...
HI Raja

I applied for EE from Oct 2018 and still waiting (@@, it is too long and have no idea what happens even with gcms note). My OWP will expire on Jan 2020. I will apply for BOWP a few months later after moving to ontario.

maaz_cdkey

Oct 1, 2019
Moved to Ontario and applied... now waiting for the result... What about you?
Hi Raja, how are you hope you are doing great, just wanted to know when you moved to ontario, did you quit your quebec job and applied for BOWP with out any job? Did you get your BOWP? Please let me know.
And also as "ndai" said, does it negatively impact the appliaction if we work remotely for quebec employer in ontairo?

brokenheart

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Hi Raja, how are you hope you are doing great, just wanted to know when you moved to ontario, did you quit your quebec job and applied for BOWP with out any job? Did you get your BOWP? Please let me know.
And also as "ndai" said, does it negatively impact the appliaction if we work remotely for quebec employer in ontairo?
@rajahoomi did you get the BOWP from Ontario while working in Quebec. I need your feedback bro. Thank you