+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP for spouses

chenyi6970

Jul 10, 2013
Hi, Guys

I just got my AOR through CEC few days ago, and my WP is going to expire in March, I am going to apply for the BOWP these days, I have one problem related with my wife, whose OWP will expire in March. is she also eligible for the BOWP, because I found Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013

•Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant do not qualify for a bridging work permit

I am just wondering if someone can give me a clear answer.

Thanks

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
Spouse is eligible if the following conditions are met. The work permit issued to spouse is simply called an Open Work permit and not as Bridging open work permit.

Read the conditions under Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents in the OB www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

In all cases the Bridging WP must be valid for longer than 6 months.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Worker Class applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant's occupation.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Trades applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC Skill Level B.

For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

For Dependent children of a PR applicant in any of these Economic Classes, must obtain a LMO or have a LMO exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a WP.