exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Hi

I filed my application under CEC got AOR in August 2013. I got my BOWP in Septmeber 2013 valid for 1 year.
I am getting married soon and adding my spouse under CEC application.
What are my options to bring her to canada ?
My job is under NOC B and working fulltime permanent.
Do she is elligible for BOWP or not? or can she apply for open workpermit outside canada?

or i have to apply visit visa for her to bring her ?

Please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iamroth said:
Not eligible, you would have to apply for a TRV for her to come to Canada.

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (work permit exempt) situations.
Foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status.
Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application
Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.
Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant.

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
Your spouse may not be eligible for BOWP, but she should be eligible for a spouse open work permit. But I think she has to apply for it inside Canada. i.e. she can apply for a visitor record to enter Canada and then apply for an OWP

See:

Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

In all cases the Bridging WP must be valid for longer than 6 months.
For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

Correct me if i am wrong

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct...... she can apply for a TRV and open work permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=177&t=17

Who can apply for an open work permit?
2.Your spouse is:
a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B ,

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
PMM:

Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant:

means peaple who are already permanent resident sponsering their spouse or apply wp
they are not elligible for BOWP.

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

For spouses of Federal Skilled Worker Class applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant’s occupation.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Trades applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC Skill Level B.

For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant

For Dependent children of a PR applicant in any of these Economic Classes, must obtain a LMO or have a LMO exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a WP.

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
Any other suggestions

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
Dear mohd000,

I was in a similar situation: My spouse was still in Europe and I already worked in Canada. (The only difference to your situation is, that I didn't have a BOWP, mine was bound to one employer).

We wanted to avoid any surprises at the border and my wife applied in person for an open work permit (based on mine) at the nearest immigration office in Europe. (all the paperwork is available online) A couple weeks later we received a letter stating that the work permit is approved including her UCI number. When she arrived in Canada, all she had to do is present this letter to the immigration officer at the border and had her work permit in a couple minutes.

I realize that all of it could have been done at the border, but we tried to avoid any surprises and took that extra step.

Good luck!
tr001

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
PMM:

means peaple who are already permanent resident sponsering their spouse or apply wp

For spouses of Federal Skilled Worker Class applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant’s occupation.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Trades applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC Skill Level B.
hi

For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant

For Dependent children of a PR applicant in any of these Economic Classes, must obtain a LMO or have a LMO exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a WP.
Hi
My SOWP was rejected after interview, the visa officer told my wife work permit is PGWP so they r refusing my application.she is doing NOC .C job, and also got PNP, can i reopen my file

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
PMM:

Refers to dependents of economic class applicants who are eligible for a BOWP. Only the principal applicant is eligible for a BOWP. Spouses MAY be eligible for a spouse open work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi
My SOWP was rejected after interview, the visa officer told my wife work permit is PGWP so they r refusing my application.she is doing NOC .C job, and also got PNP, can i reopen my file
Not sure I understand everything, but eligibility for SOWP is different for PGWP and BOWP holders. For PGWP holders, the spouse is only eligible for the SOWP if the PGWP holder provides proof of employment in a skilled occupation.

If she has applied for PR (submitted her federal application) under a PNP progarm, then she MIGHT be able to change to a BOWP, then you might be able to submit a new application for an SOWP.