+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Do I need AOR or Nomination from OINP ?

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Sarah dhanoa said:
I have confirmed with OINP , just need to send them proof of being on implied status and thats what they need.
They seem to be giving out conflicting information! I spoke to them three times over the phone (Different reps) and both told me that if they notice that my WP expired and they do not receive a 'change in personal information' form from me, they won't be able to issue a nomination even if everything is ok with my application. Essentially, they're saying I must maintain a legal status (Worker or student or visitor) at the time they are ready to issue out the nomination

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
butters1690 said:
They seem to be giving out conflicting information! I spoke to them three times over the phone (Different reps) and both told me that if they notice that my WP expired and they do not receive a 'change in personal information' form from me, they won't be able to issue a nomination even if everything is ok with my application. Essentially, they're saying I must maintain a legal status (Worker or student or visitor) at the time they are ready to issue out the nomination
I talked to someone in this forum who got OINP while he was on implied status

sorutome

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hey Sarah, I couldn't find a document checklist for BOWP. Could you send me the link? And as you mentioned "send a proof of being on implied status to OINP" in your previous comments, could you elaborate? Thanks!

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
sorutome said:
Hey Sarah, I couldn't find a document checklist for BOWP. Could you send me the link? And as you mentioned "send a proof of being on implied status to OINP" in your previous comments, could you elaborate? Thanks!
We can't apply for bowp , just apply for wp extension same employer. That's what two lawyers have told me, Basic difference is bowp u pay $255 and wp extension same employer you pay $155. Either way we are not qualified for any of these so why to pay extra $100

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
sorutome said:
What couple of people have done before is sending them fee reciept for work permit application and mailing reciept as a proof that you have applied for wp

solanki123

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 jan
AOR Received.
28 jan
IELTS Request
22 feb
hey please reply , i have applied for federal PR file yesterday and work permit is expiring on 31st oct, should i apply for BOWP or employer close permit with alberta nomination. How long it takes to get federal file number?

Any suggestions??

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
solanki123 said:
hey please reply , i have applied for federal PR file yesterday and work permit is expiring on 31st oct, should i apply for BOWP or employer close permit with alberta nomination. How long it takes to get federal file number?

Any suggestions??

so, what did you do? I am pretty much in the same situation.

Nov 27, 2016
I was in the same situation and here's what I did as advised by my lawyer.

She asked me to send in a paper application for the BOWP. That takes longer and her hopes were that in the time it takes for them to get to my application, I would have received a positive assessment on my application (I hadn't yet submitted my PR). Once I got my provincial nomination from Ontario, I submitted my PR application but unfortunately, they got to my BOWP application by then and refused it because it had not passed the criteria. I was legally able to work for the 4 months between when my work permit expired and my BOWP was being processed. But now I can't work legally anymore and must apply to restore my status.

I'm not sure if this was the right way to go, but it worked in my case and had the PNP application not been delayed, I wouldn't be in need for a BOWP at all. I know of a few other people who took the same route and it worked out for them.