+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Bridging Open Work Permit

Jun 11, 2021
Hello there,
My name is Neha and I am based in Toronto, Ontario. My PR application is already under process and I have applied for my BOWP since my PGWP is about to expire in the month of April 2023. I was wondering if I can leave the country and come back inside till my PGWP and TRV are valid, i.e. March 2023 or will I have to wait till a decision is made on my BOWP application?

Thanks and Regards,
Neha Bhatia.

Dec 2, 2021
Hello there,
My name is Neha and I am based in Toronto, Ontario. My PR application is already under process and I have applied for my BOWP since my PGWP is about to expire in the month of April 2023. I was wondering if I can leave the country and come back inside till my PGWP and TRV are valid, i.e. March 2023 or will I have to wait till a decision is made on my BOWP application?

Thanks and Regards,
Neha Bhatia.
Hi, do you mind if I ask when did you submit your BOWP and what is its state now? You can btw exit and enter the country as long as you have valid PGWP and TRV.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021
Hi there,
I didn't get any updates on my BOWP application, but my PR application got approved and I am waiting for my PR card to arrive.

lcp1234

Jan 6, 2022
Hi there,
I didn't get any updates on my BOWP application, but my PR application got approved and I am waiting for my PR card to arrive.
Similar case here! What did you do with your BOWP? Did you withdraw the application or are you just waiting for them to cancel it? I can’t find definitive answers on what should we do in this case!

Jun 11, 2021
I didn't withdraw my BOWP application yet. I am just waiting for IRCC to cancel it. Besides, we are not gonna get any refund since our application is already under process.