+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP approved in less than 2 weeks, is this for real???

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, I applied for BOWP on April 21 and my application now says approved on my cic as below:

Where is this application? Details Help
Application/profile status Closed Help
Review of medical results Help
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time Help
Scheduling an interview Help
Review of biometric information Help
Final decision This application has been approved Help

I can hardly believe it, how long does it take to get it in the mail?

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats dude, mine was like yours too, BOWP (Online) got approved within 6 days ;D
But curiously waiting for PPR now...

Cheers!!

nasknihal said:
So, I applied for BOWP on April 21 and my application now says approved on my cic as below:

Where is this application? Details Help
Application/profile status Closed Help
Review of medical results Help
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time Help
Scheduling an interview Help
Review of biometric information Help
Final decision This application has been approved Help

I can hardly believe it, how long does it take to get it in the mail?

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:
Congrats dude, mine was like yours too, BOWP (Online) got approved within 6 days ;D
But curiously waiting for PPR now...

Cheers!!
Hey Prishah,

When can I expect it in the mail?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This thread is making me so depressed. I applied on 10 April and still no movement on my BOWP application. :(

I am getting more tense each day as my Open Work Permit expires on 26 June. I'm thinking of preparing a back-up 'Temporary Resident' (Visitor Visa) application as I have no feedback as to what is going on. The irony of this whole thing is that per my GCMS Notes; my R10 was set to 'OK' on 24 February, and my PR Application Eligibility status is set to 'Met'.

I don't know what else to do. My employer stated that he would like to take me off the Recruitment Agent payroll as a 'Contract Employee' and place me on the company payroll as a 'Permanent Employee' but as I don't want to take the risk of my BOWP potentially not being approved I have stated that for the moment I am happy to stay as a 'Contract Employee'.

Is there anything I can do to expedite process? I'm feeling very low and very depressed. :(

PS - I am very happy that others are getting their BOWP approved. I also hope those people get their PR application approved as well.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got message with PDf doc and they said within 6 weeks, if you not getting WP by mail within 6 weeks , you have to contact CIC
You got message in you CIC account too, check it.

nasknihal said:
Hey Prishah,

When can I expect it in the mail?

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't be so depressed buddy, even I do have same feelings too if I was on same boat as urs.
CIC people running out our time and we can not wait it so longer. You r thinking correct, apply for VISITOR VISA application as it gonna be more safest option after expiring your WP & no getting response about ur BOWP. Plus keep calling CIC agent about status of your WP

Trust me buddy, just keep faithful and be positive, you will for sure getting positive news about your WP. Finger crossed

JoacRy said:
This thread is making me so depressed. I applied on 10 April and still no movement on my BOWP application. :(

I am getting more tense each day as my Open Work Permit expires on 26 June. I'm thinking of preparing a back-up 'Temporary Resident' (Visitor Visa) application as I have no feedback as to what is going on. The irony of this whole thing is that per my GCMS Notes; my R10 was set to 'OK' on 24 February, and my PR Application Eligibility status is set to 'Met'.

I don't know what else to do. My employer stated that he would like to take me off the Recruitment Agent payroll as a 'Contract Employee' and place me on the company payroll as a 'Permanent Employee' but as I don't want to take the risk of my BOWP potentially not being approved I have stated that for the moment I am happy to stay as a 'Contract Employee'.

Is there anything I can do to expedite process? I'm feeling very low and very depressed. :(

PS - I am very happy that others are getting their BOWP approved. I also hope those people get their PR application approved as well.

sum123

Dec 5, 2014
Hi i applied for my BOWP on 11 April 2016 OWP expired on 24 April 2016

Today when i open MY CIC account next to BOWP application number it shows Approved

But in Profile details Final decision shows NOT STARTED

Is this normal ?? Did CIC Approved my BOWP

Thank you

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sum123 said:

Today when i open MY CIC account next to BOWP application number it shows Approved

Thank you
That's normal, your BOWP application has been approved so please wait another 24 hrs for the system being updated then check it again.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
JoacRy said:

Contact your MP to see if they can call on your behalf and inquire about your application, many have done it for work permits and going through your MP you get better timelines. Just call them and book an appointment and they can call for you . I know people have called and were told to wait two weeks and they got their applicatioins approved in like the next 3 days. Try that .

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah that's normal , congrats mate for BOWP approval. so now, just wait to update system . They will send you a approval letter in pdf fromat as a message in your account later. So you will get WP then within 6 week by mail that what they mentioned in letter.

sum123 said:

Thank you

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I just want to thank everyone who supported me. I found that after 25 days my BOWP just got approved. I'm guessing I may receive an email informing me what I have to do in the next 24 hours or so.

I hope everyone who applied for a BOWP is successful as well.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Hi all, I just want to thank everyone who supported me. I found that after 25 days my BOWP just got approved. I'm guessing I may receive an email informing me what I have to do in the next 24 hours or so.

I hope everyone who applied for a BOWP is successful as well.
Congratulation for BOWP approval JoacRy,

At this point, you just wait for your PR application outcome.:)

Hope you hear a good news soon.