+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP approved and PR approval email came 5 days later. Is the BOWP still valid for travel or re-entering Canada?

Rugved08

Mar 31, 2022
Hi,

I got my BOWP and 5 days later I received email confirmation for my PR approval. Now I have submitted all the details in PR portal (photo, address,etc).
Can I travel outside Canada on this status? If I don't receive my PR card by then, will BOWP still be valid to re-enter Canada? I have a valid Temp Resident Visa as well. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

carla10

Mar 1, 2022
It is valid until you receive the eCOPR. Once you get it, the every other visa is cancelled. So if you travel before having the PR card you will need to ask for a visa for PRs in the country you are at the time to be able to come back.

Reactions: Rugved08

Rugved08

Mar 31, 2022
It is valid until you receive the eCOPR. Once you get it, the every other visa is cancelled. So if you travel before having the PR card you will need to ask for a visa for PRs in the country you are at the time to be able to come back.
Thank you for the response. So just wanted to check is there any other visa for PRs ? other than the TRV? I also read about the PRTD (travel doc) if you are travelling before having the PR card. Will that be applicable here? Do I need to apply for PRTD to re-enter Canada?

carla10

Mar 1, 2022
That's it, the PRTD. You will need that if u do not have the PR card. Unless you eCOPR takes forever then your other visas are still valid.

Reactions: Rugved08