+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - 2015

absmkhy

Jul 4, 2014
HI
I AM GOING TO BE APPLYING FOR BOWP SOON AND HAD SOME QUESTIONS.

1. I DONT HAVE LMO AS I AM ON A OPEN POST GRAD WORK PERMIT. SHOULD THAT BE OK ?

2. CAN WE APPLY ONLINE ? WHEN I TRY TO APPLY ONLINE IT GIVES ME AN OPTION TO UPLOAD FLIGHT TICKETS AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT DO I ABOUT THAT. ITS A COMPULSORY OPTION SO IT WONT LET ME PROCEED WITHOUT UPLOADING.

3. CAN I GET AN OPEN WORK PERMIT OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE CLOSED WORK PERMIT.

THANKS

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
absmkhy said:
HI
I AM GOING TO BE APPLYING FOR BOWP SOON AND HAD SOME QUESTIONS.

1. I DONT HAVE LMO AS I AM ON A OPEN POST GRAD WORK PERMIT. SHOULD THAT BE OK ?

2. CAN WE APPLY ONLINE ? WHEN I TRY TO APPLY ONLINE IT GIVES ME AN OPTION TO UPLOAD FLIGHT TICKETS AND I AM NOT SURE WHAT DO I ABOUT THAT. ITS A COMPULSORY OPTION SO IT WONT LET ME PROCEED WITHOUT UPLOADING.

3. CAN I GET AN OPEN WORK PERMIT OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE CLOSED WORK PERMIT.

THANKS
Hi,
you don't need LMO in order to apply for the BOWP (Bridging Open Work Permit). What you need is AOR and still valid your current work permit. You also have to be in Canada in the time of submitting your form. And yes, you can apply online.
First use the come to Canada tool (in CIC website) and get the unique code. Then login to your my CIC account and click on the visitor visa, study and/or work tab and enter the code. Then the system takes you from there.
You should answer the question ‘How many days you want to stay in Canada ‘ ‘Temporary (6 months or more). It seems if you choose 'Permanently', it will take you to "You might be eligible for Express Entry" and will not give you the WP options.
Good luck.

absmkhy

Jul 4, 2014
nov1061 said:
Hi,
you don't need LMO in order to apply for the BOWP (Bridging Open Work Permit). What you need is AOR and still valid your current work permit. You also have to be in Canada in the time of submitting your form. And yes, you can apply online.
First use the come to Canada tool (in CIC website) and get the unique code. Then login to your my CIC account and click on the visitor visa, study and/or work tab and enter the code. Then the system takes you from there.
You should answer the question ‘How many days you want to stay in Canada ‘ ‘Temporary (6 months or more). It seems if you choose 'Permanently', it will take you to "You might be eligible for Express Entry" and will not give you the WP options.
Good luck.
Thanks for your response.

I just wanted to know what should i upload where it asks me to upload itineary and travel plans ?

Also should i mention the name of the intended employer or should i leave it blank ?

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
absmkhy said:

I just wanted to know what should i upload where it asks me to upload itineary and travel plans ?

Also should i mention the name of the intended employer or should i leave it blank ?
For Intended Employer you can leave it blank. (Its my opinion Wait for seniors response).

And for Itineary, You can write a letter and say that you are already in Canada and attach it to the file where they are asking.

Hope it helps.

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
I have some questions about the BOWP too. On my online application it also asks me for a medical test (absolutely not sure why…) and for a 'schedule 1'. Anyone knows what's up with this things?

Happy_Deep

May 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9,2014
AOR Received.
August 2014
Hi guys
I am applying for BOWP. MY PGWP is expiring in JUNE and I applied CEC JULY 2014. I am working with a different employer what I aplied under CEC from a year.
On doc checklist I have one question. I understand I do not need LMIA as I have AOR.

WORk PERMIT
4. Offer of Employment to a foreign National Exempt from a LMIA IMM 5802 with proof of payment by the employer (receipt number). Your employer should provide you?

What I need to do for this? Pay $230 compliance fee and get the receipt and attach with my file? ??? ??? ???

Very confused guys

Please guide me.

Thank you

Happy :-X

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
I guess you are looking at some other form, The application form for Bridging Open Work Permit is IMM5710E

check that!

Happy_Deep said:
Hi guys
I am applying for BOWP. MY PGWP is expiring in JUNE and I applied CEC JULY 2014. I am working with a different employer what I aplied under CEC from a year.
On doc checklist I have one question. I understand I do not need LMIA as I have AOR.

WORk PERMIT
4. Offer of Employment to a foreign National Exempt from a LMIA IMM 5802 with proof of payment by the employer (receipt number). Your employer should provide you?

What I need to do for this? Pay $230 compliance fee and get the receipt and attach with my file? ??? ??? ???

Very confused guys

Please guide me.

Thank you

Happy :-X

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
Check red answers

sonnenstern said:
I have some questions about the BOWP too. On my online application it also asks me for a medical test (absolutely not sure why...)(When you select in the questionnaire "Yes" for "medical done in past one year", it will ask you to upload. You can upload the doctors sheet which you received. and for a 'schedule 1'(You don't need to upload this). Anyone knows what's up with this things?

Happy_Deep

May 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9,2014
AOR Received.
August 2014
wg1960 said:
I guess you are looking at some other form, The application form for Bridging Open Work Permit is IMM5710E
check that!
Thank you for the reply. I am looking at checklist IMM 5556.

Under WORK PERMIT section
Box 4 says Offer of Employment to a foreign National Exempt from a LMIA IMM 5802 with proof of payment by the employer (receipt number). Your employer should provide you?

What I understand acc. to new rules is my employer does not need to pay any fee and I am under process.

Thank you

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
Details of Intended work in Canada

Q1- Open Work Permit
Q2 -BOWP application - Not Applicable
Q3 to Q7 - Blank

absmkhy said:

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
If you are applying for BOWP:

1.) Go this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

2.) Answer all questions

3.) It will give an option (OPEN WORK PERMIT)

4.) Click and continue answering question to that link

5.) This will finally generate you your Document CHECKLIST

Then Go from there...

You do not require IMM5556 what I know (I received BOWP twice after my PGWP)

Good luck Happy

Happy_Deep said:
Thank you for the reply. I am looking at checklist IMM 5556.

Under WORK PERMIT section
Box 4 says Offer of Employment to a foreign National Exempt from a LMIA IMM 5802 with proof of payment by the employer (receipt number). Your employer should provide you?

What I understand acc. to new rules is my employer does not need to pay any fee and I am under process.

Thank you

Happy_Deep

May 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9,2014
AOR Received.
August 2014
wg1960 said:
If you are applying for BOWP:
1.) Go this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
2.) Answer all questions
3.) It will give an option (OPEN WORK PERMIT)
4.) Click and continue answering question to that link
5.) This will finally generate you your Document CHECKLIST
Then Go from there...
You do not require IMM5556 what I know (I received BOWP twice after my PGWP)
Good luck Happy
I reached to the right forms and it does include IMM 5556 document checklist. :(

wg1960

Mar 27, 2014
This is strange. I just completed the questionnaire again to checkout, did not got this document

For the Question: Do you have a valid offer letter?

What are you answering?

Happy_Deep said:
I reached to the right forms and it does include IMM 5556 document checklist. :(

Happy_Deep

May 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9,2014
AOR Received.
August 2014
wg1960 I was selecting move there permanently for the first option. So that why i guess. I checked temporarily move more than 6 months option and it took me to work permit but now its asking me for LMIA which I dnt have one? ???

Happy_Deep

May 7, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9,2014
AOR Received.
August 2014
Happy_Deep said:
wg1960 I was selecting move there permanently for the first option. So that why i guess. I checked temporarily move more than 6 months option and it took me to work permit but now its asking me for LMIA which I dnt have one? ???
Thank you wg1960

After reading a lot and searching for my ans I am going to apply online for BOWP. Here are the answers for those friends who are getting express entry for their final results and are not able to reach upto OPEN WORK PERMIT.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU GUYS

This is what I answered after so many tries...lol Grin

What would you like to do in Canada?
-WORK

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
-TEMPORARILY MORE THAN 6 MONTHS

What is the country/territory of your passport?
xxxx

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Help
CANADA

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
YES

What is your date of birth?
xxxx

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
NO

What is your current immigration status in Canada? Help
WORKER

Does one of the following apply to you?
NO
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
NO
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
NO

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
YES

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
YES

Do you have a written job offer?
YES

What is your marital status?
SINGLE/ NEVER MARRIED

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
BC

NOW SELECT OPEN WORK PERMIT OPTION

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
NO

When does your status in Canada expire?
XXXXX

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
NO

Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?
NO

Do you want to work for following jobs?.
NO

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
NO

Are you giving someone access to your application?
NO

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
YES

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
YES

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
YES

DONE :)