+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOC form Legal Aid how to

Mdx31

Apr 1, 2018
Hello, a family member is planning to make a refugee claim from inside canada, the process is now online. My question is, how can he get a legal aid certificate to get help with the BOC form, if he has to apply first and then call legal aid.

Can he get legal aid before even applying? I am confused on how is the process to get help with the BOC form now that the application is online. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
Hello, a family member is planning to make a refugee claim from inside canada, the process is now online. My question is, how can he get a legal aid certificate to get help with the BOC form, if he has to apply first and then call legal aid.

Can he get legal aid before even applying? I am confused on how is the process to get help with the BOC form now that the application is online. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
the person has to claim asylum first before he can get legal aid certificate

Reactions: Mdx31

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

You need to research how Legal Aid works . Coverage is NOT guaranteed

https://www.legalaid.on.ca/services-for-refugee-claimants/

Example in Ontario

“If you are financially eligible and your matter has merit, LAO may pay to:”

Key phrase , “ your matter has merit “
All claims are not accepted
If they decide not to accept your case , the claimant is on the hook to pay

Reactions: Mdx31