Med's Request
02-10-2019
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2019
LANDED..........
17-12-2019
After completing my wife's soft landing last year we are planning to return to Canada to settle early next month. We will be crossing the border at Pacific Highway, completing the vehicle export/import and heading directly to Tsawwassen to board BC Ferries to Schwartz Bay on Vancouver Island. We will be quarantining ourselves for 14 days at our home in Victoria.

I'm probably being paranoid but if anyone can share their experience or knowledge that would be great.

1. Our vehicle has California plates. Will we be refused boarding as we have not completed the mandatory 14-day self-isolation?
2. We are traveling with our dog. Can we remain in the vehicle with our dog on any deck on board the ferry?
3. Do we need to show proof/paperwork for our quarantine plans prior to boarding?

Thanks for any insight.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After completing my wife's soft landing last year we are planning to return to Canada to settle early next month. We will be crossing the border at Pacific Highway, completing the vehicle export/import and heading directly to Tsawwassen to board BC Ferries to Schwartz Bay on Vancouver Island. We will be quarantining ourselves for 14 days at our home in Victoria.

I'm probably being paranoid but if anyone can share their experience or knowledge that would be great.

1. Our vehicle has California plates. Will we be refused boarding as we have not completed the mandatory 14-day self-isolation?
2. We are traveling with our dog. Can we remain in the vehicle with our dog on any deck on board the ferry?
3. Do we need to show proof/paperwork for our quarantine plans prior to boarding?

Thanks for any insight.
You may run into problems taking the ferry. If possible you’d likely have to avoid any contact with anyone or touching anything. You may need to remain in your car for the ride. You may want to call CBSA to ask what is possible.