+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boarding a plane from Canada without PRC??

Jan 29, 2020
My PRC card got stolen 2 weeks ago. I have a trip booked to Mexico next week. Can I fly to Mexico with just my DUTCH passport and ESTA and return to USA then drive back into Canada?

I know I can take the flight from Cancun to USA and drive across border BUT can I leave Canada without proof of my PRC at the airport? I have heard that they ask to see PRC before leaving Canada (or is this only if you show return ticket to Canada)??

Please help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PRC card got stolen 2 weeks ago. I have a trip booked to Mexico next week. Can I fly to Mexico with just my DUTCH passport and ESTA and return to USA then drive back into Canada?

I know I can take the flight from Cancun to USA and drive across border BUT can I leave Canada without proof of my PRC at the airport? I have heard that they ask to see PRC before leaving Canada (or is this only if you show return ticket to Canada)??

Please help!!
No one looks at your PR card when you're leaving Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, I know of 3 people that recently went to Mexico and Cuba and they got asked to see PR card at check in leaving Canada.
Would they still ask if you return to USA?
If they were required to provide their PR card to board the plane, it means that their citizenship is NOT visa-exempt for Mexico and proof of Canadian PR was needed in lieu of a visa.

Dutch citizens are visa-exempt to Mexico, so you do not need to show a PR card to fly.