Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 31, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 9, 2016
Honestly! I'm normally VERY careful and precise, but apparently, I spent too much time focusing on what I thought were the really important parts of my wife and step-daughter's PR application, like the information and details! Now, I discover a detail, that granted, I missed, but didn't think it was an issue in this day and age, when legal documents all over the world are signed, valid, and accepted in either blue or black ink (so long as it isn't any other colour than black or blue). Doing the proofreading of a number of the documents tonight, I noticed my oversight. Is the CIC REALLY that sticky and they will only accept documents with black ink/pen, and not blue? If so, why the heck do they have this arcane rule? Is Canada a modern nation or some backwater and undeveloped outpost? As you have probably figured out by now, some of my completed documents have been completed in blue ink/pen.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Couldnt tell you from experience, but when they said black on the forms, i made sure there were no blue pens around me.

CanadianPrairieGent

Aug 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 31, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 9, 2016
What about if I trace over the blue ink with a black pen? Any thoughts? Honestly, a person can execute million dollar real estate deals with blue ink. Why the seemingly senseless rigour from the CIC?

sam54562

Jan 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-02-2014
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
17-04-2016
Interview........
13-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
WAITING!!!
CanadianPrairieGent said:
What about if I trace over the blue ink with a black pen? Any thoughts? Honestly, a person can execute million dollar real estate deals with blue ink. Why the seemingly senseless rigour from the CIC?
I did sign with blue ink on numerous occasions. So far no issues with CIC...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianPrairieGent said:
Honestly! I'm normally VERY careful and precise, but apparently, I spent too much time focusing on what I thought were the really important parts of my wife and step-daughter's PR application, like the information and details! Now, I discover a detail, that granted, I missed, but didn't think it was an issue in this day and age, when legal documents all over the world are signed, valid, and accepted in either blue or black ink (so long as it isn't any other colour than black or blue). Doing the proofreading of a number of the documents tonight, I noticed my oversight. Is the CIC REALLY that sticky and they will only accept documents with black ink/pen, and not blue? If so, why the heck do they have this arcane rule? Is Canada a modern nation or some backwater and undeveloped outpost? As you have probably figured out by now, some of my completed documents have been completed in blue ink/pen.
I believe the reason for the black pen is because CIC scans everything into their system and black simply scans better.

However, you are definitely not the first to use blue and I've never seen an app returned because of it.