+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Black and White Employment Letter and T4

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello friends.

So 1 employer gave me a company letterhead employment letter, but it's black and white!
So I scanned it with a color scanner, but of course the result is still black and white. The stubs are color. The T4 is color.

1) Is this valid?

This 6 months employment was NOT necessary to obtain the CRS scores.
But, I might not make it in time for this first ITA. I passed my birthday now, so I would be down to less than 430 points. So I might need to switch to a 2-years work experience if I have to try again.
I'm afraid not to put this employment in the WORK HISTORY, because if then I will put it later a second time, they might ask: Why didn't you put it before?
So my second question is:

2) Are you absolutely sure that I have to put all my past employments ONLY in the personal history, while in the work history I just need to put the job that gave me the CRS scores to get the Invitation To Apply?

Finally:
The actual employer for the current job that gave me the CRS scores for the invitation. I have color letter, color stubs. But the T4 is a photocopy. So I scanned that.
Question:

3) Is a black and white photocopied scanned T4 valid?

Thanks!

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello Friend,

The black and White offer letter and T4 are valid.
the way they verify your T4 is the account number of your employer on your T4. With that they access information from CRA. And using your SIN number they will also be able to verify your T4 on your CRA file. And the other thing is, you need to submit "Notice of assessment" and if you don't have one you can print it out from the CRA site using my account option.

And if your employment letter is in black& white, just try to get your employer seal / signature in color. that should be fine. and make sure you have "Dated" all your letters properly. I have seen rejection for silly reason such as "reference letter missing date". And make sure your duties and responsibilites are mentioned clearly and elaborately. And it need to match the NOC code as well. Sorry for my TYPO. But you will be fine. My t4 has wrong SIN number, I am freakin worried, I hope VO wont be brutal on my application. It was my employer mistake on my T4 and I missed to notice it.

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello Friend,

The black and White offer letter and T4 are valid.
the way they verify your T4 is the account number of your employer on your T4. With that they access information from CRA. And using your SIN number they will also be able to verify your T4 on your CRA file. And the other thing is, you need to submit "Notice of assessment" and if you don't have one you can print it out from the CRA site using my account option.

And if your employment letter is in black& white, just try to get your employer seal / signature in color. that should be fine. and make sure you have "Dated" all your letters properly. I have seen rejection for silly reason such as "reference letter missing date". And make sure your duties and responsibilites are mentioned clearly and elaborately. And it need to match the NOC code as well. Sorry for my TYPO. But you will be fine. My t4 has wrong SIN number, I am freakin worried, I hope VO wont be brutal on my application. It was my employer mistake on my T4 and I missed to notice it.
Thanks friend.

I totally hope they won't notice your SIN discrepancy.

OMG what's this "notice of assessment"? I never heard about it. The system doesn't ask it!

It only asks Reference letter and pay stubs (even adding "if you have them"), literally quoted:

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:

• be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

They don't even mention T4.

OMG I gotta go back to my old employer to get a color stamp, they'll kill me lol

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Okay, when you file for your Tax return CRA will assess your T4, once they have completed the assessment they will provide you a breakdown of tax. And they will also tell you if they owe you or you owe them. They will send this in mail to your residential address. If you are an e-applicant you can simply download the notice of assessment from your CRA MY Account.

Well, IRCC they had mentioned earlier. But now it seems like changed. They won't specifically ask for "Pay stubs, T4, Notice of Assessment" . But if you submit everything at your disposal, it will help them to make a decision clear and quick. It just assist as an evidence to prove that you have worked for so and so employer and you are a good citizen and been paying taxes for Canada on time.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: Milo2980

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
In which program are you applying? To proof Canadian work experience requires T4 and notice of assesment. Foreign work experience needs only a perfectly written employer letter. (Pay stubs are not mandatory but recommended)
Hello friends.

So 1 employer gave me a company letterhead employment letter, but it's black and white!
So I scanned it with a color scanner, but of course the result is still black and white. The stubs are color. The T4 is color.

1) Is this valid?

This 6 months employment was NOT necessary to obtain the CRS scores.
But, I might not make it in time for this first ITA. I passed my birthday now, so I would be down to less than 430 points. So I might need to switch to a 2-years work experience if I have to try again.
I'm afraid not to put this employment in the WORK HISTORY, because if then I will put it later a second time, they might ask: Why didn't you put it before?
So my second question is:

2) Are you absolutely sure that I have to put all my past employments ONLY in the personal history, while in the work history I just need to put the job that gave me the CRS scores to get the Invitation To Apply?

Finally:
The actual employer for the current job that gave me the CRS scores for the invitation. I have color letter, color stubs. But the T4 is a photocopy. So I scanned that.
Question:

3) Is a black and white photocopied scanned T4 valid?

Thanks!

Reactions: Milo2980

Milo2980

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
In which program are you applying? To proof Canadian work experience requires T4 and notice of assesment. Foreign work experience needs only a perfectly written employer letter. (Pay stubs are not mandatory but recommended)
Hello guys thank you!

I'm Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.
A friend of mine got PR in 1 month after applying!!!! WOW!
She only submitted letters of employment, stubs, and T4... what do you think??? What should I do? I chceked my tax "stuff" and didn't find any Notice of Assessment. More like a kind of report...

Reactions: sandra02

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hello guys thank you!

I'm Express Entry - Canadian Experience Class.
A friend of mine got PR in 1 month after applying!!!! WOW!
She only submitted letters of employment, stubs, and T4... what do you think??? What should I do? I chceked my tax "stuff" and didn't find any Notice of Assessment. More like a kind of report...
Notice of assesment comes from revenue canada, after your filed your tax return. They mails that in few weeks after your tax return. You can find it in the online CRA system also, you can print it out.

Josiane1

Nov 25, 2019
Hello I am an Architectural technologist applying for immigration to canada. I am a full time worker but my office don't cover the social security service for his employees so I am not able to provide a أproof of social security contributions and I am paid cash at the end of every month.
Is this a problem? I can provide a letter from the office mentioning all other details.
Could anyone help me!..thanks