+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bit worried about authencity of employment offer

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
Hello all,
I am in express entry pool since June 2019 with crs-401 n IELTS score LRSW: 8.5,8, 7,6.5, although half band extra in writing would have raised my score to 466 and 461 before and after my birthday in September respectively n I could have got ITA in the next few draws:(..
Anyways cut off score since than has been on higher side which is 470s. So I thought I should get a job offer which can boost my score by 200 points. Moreover it will give me luxury of applying with family simultaneously which otherwise was not possible as it was reducing my crs by 30 points( further lowering already off the mark scores)

After consulting few people I got a job offer from Vancouver. Company name and contact details mentioned in footnote of email are matching with contact us details mentioned in company's website. Email address seems to be fine with id: hr@company website and company's VP-HR email's address in cc. Company is a part of group CRH plc...
The person who helped me in getting this offer is saying now company will apply for dual intent lmia which will help me to go in canada while on work permit while my PR application is still under process. The timeline for lmia is 45 -60 daysa then for 1st work permit until PR is 15-20 days
There are few concerns of mine:
1. The timing of email from company was around IST 4:00 PM which is 3:00 AM in Vancouver. Normally no HR will send mails at that time. Unless there is some other factors regarding international mails.
2. The add on benefits include airfare and accommodation. Is it a common practice in jobs which are obtained through lmia...

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello all,
I am in express entry pool since June 2019 with crs-401 n IELTS score LRSW: 8.5,8, 7,6.5, although half band extra in writing would have raised my score to 466 and 461 before and after my birthday in September respectively n I could have got ITA in the next few draws:(..
Anyways cut off score since than has been on higher side which is 470s. So I thought I should get a job offer which can boost my score by 200 points. Moreover it will give me luxury of applying with family simultaneously which otherwise was not possible as it was reducing my crs by 30 points( further lowering already off the mark scores)

After consulting few people I got a job offer from Vancouver. Company name and contact details mentioned in footnote of email are matching with contact us details mentioned in company's website. Email address seems to be fine with id: hr@company website and company's VP-HR email's address in cc. Company is a part of group CRH plc...
The person who helped me in getting this offer is saying now company will apply for dual intent lmia which will help me to go in canada while on work permit while my PR application is still under process. The timeline for lmia is 45 -60 daysa then for 1st work permit until PR is 15-20 days
1. The timing of email from company was around IST 4:00 PM which is 3:00 AM in Vancouver. Normally no HR will send mails at that time. Unless there is some other factors regarding international mails.
2. The add on benefits include airfare and accommodation. Is it a common practice in jobs which are obtained through lmia...
No one will provide airfare and accommodation. I think it'd a scam

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
How did you get the job offer? Are you being asked to do anything to obtain the lmia & work permit? Anyone can make any website so that is meaningless unless it is for a known company. FROM addresses in email are also not difficult to fake.

sourabhbhola

Star Member
Mar 8, 2019
I got this offer through agent, he is asking for money in lieu of support but he is saying that will take money after 1st work permit

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assume you have seen the fraud warning on the CRH Canada website in the careers section.

As above employers do not pay for flights or accommodation, scammers often promise such things though.

You need though to paste copy the offer here with personal details removed for any final confirmation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

It's a scam and a fake job offer. As soon as someone is offering free airfare and accommodation, it's a scam.