+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth of place issue

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
Hi,

I am currently applying for the Canadian skilled immigration program through Express Entry. I am facing an issue and am looking for a resolution. My pakistani passport states that my Birth of Place is Islamabad, however my birth certificate states that it is based in Rawalpindi, both of them different cities in Pakistan. The information on the birth certificate is correct.

I wanted to if this would be a big problem, once I submit my birth certificate and should I get it changed? or should I just let it be because my information on birth certificate is needed?

Any help would be much appreciated.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
See your cnic, what place of birth there? the place of birth in PP is fetched from cnic. If the birth place is wrong in cnic then you need to first get it corrected in cnic by showing your birth certificate to them and get it corrected, then PP office will make your new PP with amendment incorporating your corrected birth place. I don't know what would happen if you submit as it is.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you asked your parents? They would be the best source.

ahmedsaeed01

Mar 2, 2015
caninfoseeker said:
See your cnic, what place of birth there? the place of birth in PP is fetched from cnic. If the birth place is wrong in cnic then you need to first get it corrected in cnic by showing your birth certificate to them and get it corrected, then PP office will make your new PP with amendment incorporating your corrected birth place. I don't know what would happen if you submit as it is.
Hi My cnic does not show the birth place, but ill go and check it with the Nadra office i think. Thanks for the info.

If the Nadra office hasn't mistake should I go and check with the passport office?

newtone said:
Have you asked your parents? They would be the best source.
Hi, they say my birth is in Rawalpindi. The passport people have made a mistake i guess.