+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth of baby after COPR

Kumar julka

Dec 27, 2021
Hello
I have a query me and my spouse(primary applicant) had a baby after receiving COPR on 11 june 2021.COPR with passports were received on May03 2021.
We could not travel to canada as wife was approching 9 months and wasnt considered safe travelling at that point.
We had already informed ircc before the birth and before receiving COPR that we wish to deliver child in india.
After the birth we informed ircc through webform about change in status and submitted baby passport with im0008(additional depented) form paid 150$CAD(receipt attached) attached proof of funds again,baby passport size photo, our COPR copies.
A reply came through email on august 24 2021 that documents are being reviewd and sent to concerned officer. It also mentioned that they are pleased to inform that our application is still in process.
After that we havent received any communication nor dependent child is showing on GC portal.
Now my query is that have i filled wrong form as in the threads i read here i thing i needed to fill imm0008 genruc form with 225$fee and not 150$ fee.
Now should i refill form and pay 225$ fee or wait for any communication i receive from ircc.
Also upfront medical of child couldnt be done as due to covid upfront medicals were on hold in india.
Please help if any one can

Kumar julka

Dec 27, 2021
Hi Kumar, did you get any response after that? I 'm also in a similar situation
No, no reply after that.
Now i have booked medicals again and will upload after 23/05/2022 after the medicals are completed.
I have also deposited the balance fee of $80 and will upload that receipt in a day or two via Web Form.
I dont know why are they taking so much time to add my new born into the file.

abduln1920

Feb 26, 2019
I'm also in the same boat. received RFV and the baby is due next month. I'm in a situation whether to wait or ahead with submission of passports

Kumar julka

Dec 27, 2021
What happened about your RFV? Update pls
Still no update baby has still not been added after more than a year now.
Don't know what to do, have raised multiple webforms getting similar replies that the documents would be added to file shortly.
But till date application is not reopened and baby name not added.
I think you should wait and not submit your passports.
Intimate IRCC through WEBFORM about your situation.