+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth of a Child after Interview and Medical - Group of 5

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,

I am a refugee outside Canada and I have been sponsored by our family member in Canada through group of 5. I want to know the process of adding birth of a child after our interview and medical have been given recently. My wife is 5 months pregnant and not sure when to inform or communicate with IRCC regarding the progress. We had declared the pregnancy in the eligibility interview.

My questions are:
1) When to inform IRCC of the child birth? I think I should inform IRCC when the child is born. I will request my Visa Office for list of documents that I need to send and when the documents are prepared, I will send them to the Visa Office.
2) Is there a time limit to send the documents? I heard that "It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made." So what is mean by final decision? Is it the stage when the "IN PROCESSS" changes into "APPROVED"?
3) Will it affect our normal timeline as we will add child? It should not take too much time as the birth certificate will be provided and travel document can be issued based on that to the child and so child can travel with my family easily without any delay or too much processing of documents.
4) Will it affect my unmarried brother timeline who is also linked to my family application? He is willing to travel as soon as possible. He should be given the option of stay or travel.
5) Re-medical will be required for the refugee family or mother?

Best regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I am a refugee outside Canada and I have been sponsored by our family member in Canada through group of 5. I want to know the process of adding birth of a child after our interview and medical have been given recently. My wife is 5 months pregnant and not sure when to inform or communicate with IRCC regarding the progress. We had declared the pregnancy in the eligibility interview.

My questions are:
1) When to inform IRCC of the child birth? I think I should inform IRCC when the child is born. I will request my Visa Office for list of documents that I need to send and when the documents are prepared, I will send them to the Visa Office.
2) Is there a time limit to send the documents? I heard that "It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made." So what is mean by final decision? Is it the stage when the "IN PROCESSS" changes into "APPROVED"?
3) Will it affect our normal timeline as we will add child? It should not take too much time as the birth certificate will be provided and travel document can be issued based on that to the child and so child can travel with my family easily without any delay or too much processing of documents.
4) Will it affect my unmarried brother timeline who is also linked to my family application? He is willing to travel as soon as possible. He should be given the option of stay or travel.
5) Re-medical will be required for the refugee family or mother?

Best regards,
1) Yes, once the child is born. See this link for instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-sponsor-refugee-groups-five.html#appb1-s1
2) You should notify the office as soon as the child is born to limit delays and follow the process above. I'm not aware of any scenario where you won't be able to add your child. But I'll let others comment on that.
3) You can expect there will be some slight delay to timelines while they add the child.
4) The application is processed as a single application so any delay will impact everyone included in the application.
5) No.

Reactions: Salman Q

Salman Q

Jan 4, 2020
1) Yes, once the child is born. See this link for instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-sponsor-refugee-groups-five.html#appb1-s1
2) You should notify the office as soon as the child is born to limit delays and follow the process above. I'm not aware of any scenario where you won't be able to add your child. But I'll let others comment on that.
3) You can expect there will be some slight delay to timelines while they add the child.
4) The application is processed as a single application so any delay will impact everyone included in the application.
5) No.
Thank you so much for your comments.

For point 1) I read the guide and found that there are two different scenarios:
1) If the application is at the IRCC office abroad. I think this applies to me as my application is at Ankara Visa Office.
2) If the application is at ROC-O and sponsorship decision has not been made. N/A to me as ROC-O has transferred my application to Ankara Visa Office and Ankara Visa Office will approve my application.

For point 2), if the application is approved before the new born child is added then IRCC may have to re-open the application and it will be a long process to re-open and re-approve the application again. I am assuming that it will take long time due to administrative work. Yes, you are right that the new born child will not be left behind.

Best regards,

Last edited: