+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificates do not exist in Iraqi Law

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife and she is an Iraqi citizen. in the checklist it asks for birth certificate but Iraq does not provide birth certificates.

According to the specific country requirements. The documents required from Iraqis are first 4 passport pages and Civil status certificate.

The system in Iraq is when you have a newborn, you take the paper from the hospital and give it to the government and they will issue a civil status certificate for your newborn. There are no birth certificate.

The Civil status certificate contains the date of birth, full name, mother's name and place of birth (city/country).
Iraq does not issue any other documents that has these information.

would it be acceptable to use the civil status certificate for both requests?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
According to the specific country requirements. The documents required from Iraqis are first 4 passport pages and Civil status certificate.
So then you don't need a birth certificate? I'm sure they're aware birth certificates don't exist in Iraq and that's why they specified other documents instead.

EDIT: You can definitely write an explanation, but I'm sure they're aware, which is why they ask you for the civil status certificate.