+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Please help us once again!

As we are preparing the application(so close to sending it, yay) we took a look at his birth certificate and it was issued in 2011 and his birth was 1992. So I am assuming and pretty sure I am right, that is considered a late registration.

Now my question is this, does the 10th standard certificate need to be an original? I have read that some people said they included copies. And is the 10th class standard all he needs? He is hindi so they don't do baptism. And would a copy of his voters id card be enough? Makes no sense to use to send the originals of these two documents.

Its in a mix of Hindi and English so we are sending it to be translated and the translation service we are using say they print out the copy, sign and stamp it along with the translated copy and a certificate of translation. Would that be enough to send? Or does it 100% need to be original?

We are already sending in a copy of his aadhar card and he already has a visitor visa to Canada. So really we feel that a copy is enough but want the advice of some more knowledgeable people.

Thanks in advance!!

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I'm not sure about the other documents, but in terms of the birth certificate, it would only be a late registration if that certificate from 2011 was the first birth certificate to ever be registered and issued. (i.e. if his birth was never registered until 2011). If he had a birth certificate before that which was lost/misplaced/etc the one from 2011 is not a late registration.

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
I'm not sure about the other documents, but in terms of the birth certificate, it would only be a late registration if that certificate from 2011 was the first birth certificate to ever be registered and issued. (i.e. if his birth was never registered until 2011). If he had a birth certificate before that which was lost/misplaced/etc the one from 2011 is not a late registration.
Unfortunately it was his first birth certificate. Sigh.
So we ended up finding a translator and will make copies of the birth certificate anyways along with his grade 10 mark sheets. It states original grade 10 sheet but I think we will send in the copies and translations from the translators.
Such hard work.