+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hello,

I'm curious as to the uploading of the birth certificate in the e-APR: do you just scan the original? Is it necessary to get it certified or notarized as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

radaviro

Apr 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello guys, I hope you can help me with this silly question.

Before applying, would I need to issue a recent birth certificate? As far as I understand, birth certificates don't expire? is that right? I already have a BC since 2010, could I use it for this purpose?

Thanks

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

Before applying, would I need to issue a recent birth certificate? As far as I understand, birth certificates don't expire? is that right? I already have a BC since 2010, could I use it for this purpose?

Thanks
I used the one issued 3 days after my birth :D Both the birth certificate and I are really old ;)

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Reactions: Funkdakarma

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other

Thanks
Yes, Birth certificates do not expire, attach the old one, get it translated if not in English and attach the notarised translation.

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Is it compulsory to add a birth certificiate????

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Also Birth Certificate is not a mandatory requirement by CIC, they use your passport for that confirmation, only in certain cases if they have any doubt they ask you for your birth certificate afterwards. You can always provide later if they ask.
So if in doubt, then don't upload.

Avijeet3

Feb 17, 2015
My original birth certificate was deposited in my school ( it is a norm in my state). In return I have DOB mentioned on my xth marksheet.
Do I need a brith certificate ?
Should an affidavit and xth marksheet or passport will do ?
Or should I followup with my school or local authorities to get a birth certificate copy.

Looking up to expert members for suggestions