+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate Original OR just Translated copy

O

okkde

Hello

Do i need to submit original birth certificate or just the translated certificate? Also is just photocopy that need to be submit?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

okkde said:
Hello

Do i need to submit original birth certificate or just the translated certificate? Also is just photocopy that need to be submit?

Thanks!
1. A copy of the original (check your visa office web site, some want to see an original) and the translator certified copy in either English or French.

Kundalr

Jun 9, 2012
I have a translated Birth certificate. It is Notarized, signed and written that "Certified that this translation from "Myhome language to English" is correct". Is that enought?. i Do not have separate affidavit from the translator.

Please advise thanks!

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I had the same question.

I got my birth certificate translated from India and it says true translation from Hindi to English and also says valid for foreign embassy.

I thought this is what is needed. Where did this affidavit spring in from?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kundalr said:
I have a translated Birth certificate. It is Notarized, signed and written that "Certified that this translation from "Myhome language to English" is correct". Is that enought?. i Do not have separate affidavit from the translator.

Please advise thanks!
Well the translator should have written "Certified that this translation from "Myhome language to English" is correct" and signed with his/her seal.

Kundalr

Jun 9, 2012
yes translator wrote on the same paper that translation is correct and signed. But i don't have separate affidavit. Is this ok?

thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kundalr said:
yes translator wrote on the same paper that translation is correct and signed. But i don't have separate affidavit. Is this ok?

thanks!
Yes that is exactly what you need.