Birth Certificate Issue

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

Couple of days ago i received the AOR.
Suddenly i realized that the my date of birth was different in my Birth certificate and my passport which i sent in the package to CIC.

Will it be a problem in later point of my application processing?

Please suggest what are the options i have to fix this. Thanks.

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
It may be. I would suggest you fix the birth certificate, and send the new one with a cover letter. I belive that should do

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
I would suggest withdraw your current application and then apply for Birth certificate which matches with your passport.

Then reapply for CEC again. Mostly you will get your money back for the current application .

In this case for dates mismatch do you have a genuine reason? I can't hitnk of a reason how will u write a explanation letter to cover this.

Best option is to re-apply for CEC with exact dates..

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
I had the same issue and I have been running from pillar to post trying to get it rectified. First step will be to ensure that Birth Certificate is correct, otherwise correcting something on Birth Certificate is a herculean task. Second is getting the passport corrected, this is the most painful task that you can ever imagine. You will need to approach the PSK to request a new appointment as Normal-Reissue. Once they scrutinize the documents they will ask for a Court order to make the changes. If you can convince them that its a genuine mistake they will accept the application and then refer to the RPO. The RPO will then ask for the court order and if you can convince the RPO official that it was a genuine mistake (let me tell you that it takes some convincing) they will tell you that you have made a huge mistake and take in writing that you have suppressed information from Govt of India. Once you reach this point you are almost done, they will charge a penalty which may be upto INR 5000. The only issue is that all this is via normal passport process and cannot be made Tatkal so the passport will take some time to get
Additionally I dont know the process to get a court order as I found the mistake early and asked them to correct this

minu23

Feb 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct your birth certificate send an updated version. That should help.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@pumbaa_g, was your application returned by cic? What is time duration you got to correct the details?

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
I didnt submit the application as I was sure that it may be rejected due to discrepancy of details on my passport compared to my birth certificate. I will get my passport this week and then will submit my application.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Senior Folks,

Any thoughts? I understand that AOR just says application package is correct and it contains all the required documents. But what is the possibility visa officer will verify the d.o.b in birth certificate and passport after AOR?

Incase if they find out the b.o.b mismatch, will they reject the application straight away or they will ask for clarification to me? Please suggest.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I checked with several lawyers in india on how to change the Date in my Birth Certificate, but the answer i get is "Cannot change the Date in Birth certificate, instead i can apply for new Birth Certificate" .

But i am worried, since i already submitted my Birth certificate (and AOR received) how to send a new birth certificate.

Can you guys suggest me, if i write a letter to CIC mentioned "My birth date in the certificate which i submitted with the application is wrong and i approached my government to correct the date where they issued a new certificate with correct date". Will CIC accept if i send a new certificate now? Thanks.

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Where are you located in India, I have experience in getting the corrected Birth Certificate in Bangalore (for wife) and in Delhi (for me). The process is quite complex in Delhi and may take upto 2-3 months but in Bangalore it takes a week. Regarding CIC accepting the application, I believe the seniors on this forum may be able to advice you

If you need details please let me know, I can share my knowledge of the process of getting the corrected Birth Certificates and changing it in the Passport (another 45 days)

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pumba_g, I am located in tamilnadu! salem dt. Sent you a personal message. Appreciate your help.

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Replied, hope it helps. My original Birth certificate had my parents name but not my name this is normal and I never got it changed. When I applied to Municipal Corporation of Delhi for adding of name on my birth certificate they provided me with a birth certificate with the last name of my parents incorrect after 30 days.
After this I had to run from one agency to another to find out why, finally I found that it was due to a typo error done by the clerk while copying the daily births in the government hospital ledger to the ledger which is provided to MCD 30 years back.
Once this was identified I had to prove that there were no births with the incorrect name in that hospital at that date and time and get a sign off from the various departments who oversee the recording of the birth and death activity. Once a NOC was provided with the above information along with an affidavit I was issued a new Birth certificate in 30 days.

Unfortunately all our government process's in India are always this cumbersome.

Best of luck!