+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate copy and translation but no original

SHKChewie

Nov 18, 2018
Hey everybody,

My partner and I are currently in the process for applying for Common-Law outside of Canada family class sponsorship. My partner is a Canadian citizen and we met whilst working abroad.

I am a British citizen. I came to the UK when I was 13 months old (I happened to be born abroad) and my mum and dad (who are both British) had my birth certificate translated and certified but not notarised with an affidavit.

My mum has misplaced my original birth certificate and I only have the copy of my Urdu birth certificate and it’s certified translation (without an affidavit).

I can’t get an affidavit for a translation in the Uk as the original must be present.

Can anybody offer any advice?

We can’t get another copy of the birth certificate because my parents and I don’t have any ties to Pakistan and you require an Pakistani ID or a contact with one to obtain.

Do you think the CIC will accept the copy of the birth certificate and certified translation without the affidavit I had done when I was 13 months old?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you get the affidavit/translation done in Canada? Go to any notary public.