+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIQ MEXICO LET CONNECT HERE...

oncorx

May 15, 2014
hi all. please share your timeline here.Just submitted our application last week in BIQ Mexico.Anybody here from the carribean?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello, I am also from the Caribbean. Submitted application to BIQ last September, received AOR via email in November (27th). No word since, just playing the waiting game now. What is your AOT?

oncorx

May 15, 2014
Hi Orichy

My husband is a nurse and I'm a pharmacist. Did you submit any French certificate? How much point did you get? What is your AOT?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
oncorx said:
Hi Orichy

My husband is a nurse and I'm a pharmacist. Did you submit any French certificate? How much point did you get? What is your AOT?

I am also a nurse. Did not submit proof of French. I am actually now taking classes just in case. I am not certain of my exact points but it will be between 58-60. I am married so we will need 63 points on final evaluation, which can be obtained for adaptability if we are selected for interview.

oncorx

May 15, 2014
Hi orichy

after reading some of the threads here, I think it will take time to get an interview. Which country are you from?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
oncorx said:
Hi orichy

after reading some of the threads here, I think it will take time to get an interview. Which country are you from?
I am from St.Vincent. What about you? Did you submit proof of French with your application?
It certainly seem to take a while to be interviewed. I also notice that no processing time is available for the Caribbean on the immigration website as in the case of the other countries as you can see in the link below:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

However it seem that the BIQ Mexico takes an average of 15 months to complete processing considering the file is complete. See link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-que.asp

I have been trying to follow Caribbean applicants, but the majority of forum members seem to be internationally based.

oncorx

May 15, 2014
We did not submit any French certificate.We're trying to learn the language now. We scored more than the required points for a couple to be waived for the interview but we are not sure if they will do that. Hope we can get our AOR soon. Let us wait for the next mission then after June 15. Hope they will have the interview soon in our area.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Can you tell me which country you're from? I have been trying to find out where Caribbean applicants go for interviews because the Missions take place in international countries. Do you have any idea? I know of two cases in which interviews occurred via telephone.

oncorx

May 15, 2014
We are a citizen of the Philippines but we worked in Bahamas. I actually don't have any idea how the interview will work. Maybe they will do it over the phone if they know it would be difficult for the applicant to go to a nearby embassy.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
I will certainly prefer a phone interview. We will see how it goes. I hope you get your AOR really soon. I could use some good news on these forums!

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
REALLY! That's great! Hope your CSQ follows just as fast. Congrats!

oncorx

May 15, 2014
Hi orichy,
In the new selection for interview, since mexico is under the Latin Country category is it possible that we will have our interview soon? How's your french language this time?

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Hello Oncorx,
It would be a dream come true if we are selected for interview. I really am not sure what to expect though, and I also notice the venues for the interviews are extremely far from where I am at......

In terms of my French, I am certainly not where I wanted to be, it has been challenging working full time while completing my Msc (6 more weeks to go YEA!), so I missed about 5 sessions which threw me back somewhat. However, I will be completing the beginners module next month and moving into the intermediate level 1 in September, hopefully. My goal is to take the DELF exam in December, so I am hoping to start really pushing as soon as I complete my MSc in a few weeks.

One thing is for sure though, many have said French is sooo hard and such, but its really not that difficult to grasp as I anticipated, however, time, dedication, persistence and practice are paramount in order for one to develop his/her skills ( :)which I was unable to give since I started).

How about you??