+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Art2020

May 13, 2020
Hello,

I got a letter saying that I need to provide my biometrics at a designated Canada Service place in the next 90 days. But dew to COVID everything is closed. What should I do? Did anyone encounter the same issue? Will my EE application will be postponed?

Thanks

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
You may wish to visit this website for more information - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/biometrics.696248/

Extension of biometrics deadline for permanent residence applicants
No application will be refused or closed if you aren’t able to give your biometrics within the period indicated on your BIL. This applies to you, even if your BIL says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment.

While biometrics collection is temporarily suspended at Service Canada locations, do not go to another biometrics collection point, including

• Canadian ports of entry (POEs)
  • other international biometrics collection sites
When Service Canada resumes collecting biometrics, you’ll have to make a new appointment at a designated Service Canada office. You won’t need a new BIL.