+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

noorie11

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello, read the entire thread. I'm wondering if anyone got an appointment for biometric yet or if your PR has been approved without BM?

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello, read the entire thread. I'm wondering if anyone got an appointment for biometric yet or if your PR has been approved without BM?
Toronto. Had an appointment on Oct 22. My BM was sent to PR application and BOWP.
BOWP was approved a day later.
PR still waiting... Background check in process.

superning

Nov 19, 2020
AOR March 13 still waiting for the call. Multiple webform request and phone calls to both Service Canada and IRCC. Service Canada suggests me ask IRCC and IRCC just told me to wait. It's been more than 8 months and I'm running out of patience, especially when seeing people with AOR in late August already got the call.

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Can someone tell me what are the documents I should take for a Bio Appt. The SC rep told me to carry the following
  • Passport
  • BIL
Is there any other document I should carry to SC. Please clarify.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Can someone tell me what are the documents I should take for a Bio Appt. The SC rep told me to carry the following
  • Passport
  • BIL
Is there any other document I should carry to SC. Please clarify.
Read your Biometrics letter:

What you need to bring with you:
When you present yourself at the biometric collection service point of your choice, you must bring the following:
• a copy of this letter, and
• the passport or travel document that you referenced in your application.
Note: This letter is also your proof that:
• you have paid the biometric fee; or
• you have claimed an exemption from the biometric fee under section 315.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). If, after reviewing your request, it is determined that you do not qualify for an exemption and are required to pay the biometric fee, you will be contacted by IRCC and your fee payment options will be explained to you.

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hi,

I have all of your previous replies. I just have one quick query. My agent filled my student permit visa application form and didn't save it. I checked the VFS website for the documents to bring and there it was written- Printout of completed Visa application form and 2D barcode copies.

Do I need to bring these also. I am really confused and my appointment is on 4th Dec 2020. So, i would appreciated your help. Thanks!!!

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Good day
Please will love to know how months it's takes to be called for medicals after biometrics?
Hi,
After upfront medical you will do your visa filing.
My timeline is as follows-
Visa filing- 11th November 2020
Biometric appointment booked- 25 November 2020 (as the VFS was closed prior this and was opened for student permit on 25th Nov )
Biometric appointment date given by VFS- 4th December 2020
So, you have to book your biometric appointment after you get your biometric instruction letter. As of now, there is a high demand and appointment slots are less.