+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

asppats12

Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,

Since the Service Canada Centers are beginning to resume services(limited), has anyone been able to get an appointment for their Biometrics submission?
I tried to see if they offered the services but don't see a specific option for Biometrics services.

Thanks

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
I filled up the appointment link but was told by the agent that they are not taking appointments as of now. They even don’t know when biometric service will resume again. So we have to wait a little longer.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
It is a little frustrating that they have started to open Service Canada but not collect biometrics yet. I mean what's the point of re-opening these centres if they can't provide services that can be done only in person? Let's hope they gradually start doing this in a month. It would really suck if we get hit by the second wave and they shut down their offices again.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
There is second wave expected in September and therefore focus is to invite maximum people and collect money and keep them waiting for next year or so and than once things settle down to boost real estate the economy will open next year with flood of immigrants which will move real estate.

People still expect to make future in economy which is already very slow and heading for recession so to push it and need some money spenders and nothing best like fresh immigrants.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
There is second wave expected in September and therefore focus is to invite maximum people and collect money and keep them waiting for next year or so and than once things settle down to boost real estate the economy will open next year with flood of immigrants which will move real estate.

People still expect to make future in economy which is already very slow and heading for recession so to push it and need some money spenders and nothing best like fresh immigrants.
This sounds like a cooked up conspiracy theory. The application fee that we pay for our permanent residence application covers only a part of the cost it costs the government to process the application. This means it’s taxpayers money that is being used to invite immigrants. Anyone who thinks this is a scheme by the government to bring money is probably not researching enough.

Though I agree the government is being dysfunctional by not letting us submit biometrics or waiving the biometrics requirement, I still think it’s not a money grabbing scheme. I hope they resolve this issue before it’s too late. Biometrics are a double edged sword for applicants, it allows the application to be processed faster (in the security check phase) but the applications are stuck at this stage due to this pandemic.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I dont buy that argument , that means the government here is silly to finance PR applications for many years now. Its way to hide their inefficiencies as we are in 21st century not 18th century. Everything is verifiable with ease its just that IRCC is rigid and show no flexibility.

brs.123

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
yes I have no idea when will they open the biometrics. I got the request on 9th March. Still waiting on them to open the biometrics.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Service Canada is unpredictable. After all, they went AWOL for months and they are probably the last government agency to open up in spite of other recreational activities opening earlier. I would not be surprised if they are the first ones to close ahead of the second wave.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
What is the procedure to get appointment at service canada to give biometrics after service canada is open?

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Do I need to create account to book appointment or should I walk in and book the appointment?
You would have to go thought this link and make an appointment online. I think it will only ask you for you name, emails and maybe PR application number(?). I do not really remember, it's been over 3 months already.