+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
At moment the focus is to invite people and collect money, they will plan this may be in next few months

123ganda

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2020
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
Med's Done....
04-03-2020
Are Service Canada locations the only places to give biometrics for PR applications or are there accredited 3rd party orgs that can do the same thing?
I was thinking about the same thing but unfortunately we have to wait until service canada will collect biometrics. Whenever I get the chance to call and asked what is the update for biometrics, they always say that they don't know when they can open the service and just check online frequently.

So everyday I check here https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

Good luck to all of us! Stay safe.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I was thinking about the same thing but unfortunately we have to wait until service canada will collect biometrics. Whenever I get the chance to call and asked what is the update for biometrics, they always say that they don't know when they can open the service and just check online frequently.

So everyday I check here https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

Good luck to all of us! Stay safe.
This was a recent message from IRCC, similar to what's posted on the site as well.

Please note that even though some Service Canada offices have reopened, the biometrics collection services remain unavailable until further notice. For now, there is no public policy for permanent residence applicants that exempts them for the biometric requirements.

Reactions: 123ganda

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
I wonder what's happening.... Are people all stuck waiting for Biometrics? Or, are they approving applications and leaving an option to submit biometrics while validating COPR?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Or they could waive off biometric from inland PR applicants like they have done for temporary residents...

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
I wonder what's happening.... Are people all stuck waiting for Biometrics? Or, are they approving applications and leaving an option to submit biometrics while validating COPR?
I really wish they do this. My biometrics are valid for 9 more years and I don't really understand why they need separate ones for Express Entry. Then again, it is specified clearly that you need to give them again-

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
We can only make speculations about what IRCC might or might not do. Looking at MyImmitracker right now, it is clear that CEC candidates have almost stopped getting PPRs in the last few weeks. Maybe, this has something to do with March AORs next in line to get approvals but can't due to this biometrics issue. I have to be honest, I was hopeful that IRCC would open biometrics by the time I get a BIL when I submitted my e-APR almost 2 months ago.

With the experts predicting a second wave right around the corner, waiving biometrics sounds like the best option. Sure, it's not optimal to go back to the way it was but biometrics was introduced for national security reasons. I think IRCC is waiting to see if they can get Service Canada to open biometric collection services. Trust me, things like this have to be discussed with the workers' union - they make these demands. They closed Service Canada locations in the first place due to people misbehaving for being asked to keep their distance. The public was spitting and throwing things at Service Canada employees. So, safety is an important consideration for the employees. I do not think it's going to be easy for the federal government to make a deal with the union. This is how things work in Canada. If the government tries to force things on them, they will go on strike.

Now, you might think this is unfair but it's not up to us as we don't have the same rights as Canadians or permanent residents. The only thing we can do right now is patiently waiting for good news.

Reactions: Vinami and 123ganda

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
To be honest you are right. Even I feel IRCC is waiting for service Canada to open. But chances are 50 50 with service Canada and the employees are aware that there will be a very huge crowd when they open. It would be very difficult to the appointment as well. From March there are only CEC draws till June and almost 50 to 60k candidates will be waiting. From March no one got COPR. March April and mays processing is almost done and most of the candidates are waiting for only biometrics. Taking all these factors into account they have to come up with something fast. I have a felling that they will come up with something in next 10 days. People in Twitter are just f***** IRCC with tweets but they are ignoring them.
Who ever is reading this try to tweet to IRCC about biometrics.
My point is they will feel the pressure and heat from ourtweets.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Who ever is reading this try to tweet to IRCC about biometrics.
My point is they will feel the pressure and heat from ourtweets.
They won’t. The decision to waive biometrics for immigration applications (in this case due to them being instated as a national security measure) comes from higher than IRCC. They don’t control when Service Canada resume that function.

Reactions: Rahul81

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
They won’t. The decision to waive biometrics for immigration applications (in this case due to them being instated as a national security measure) comes from higher than IRCC. They don’t control when Service Canada resume that function.
This drama for biometrics started 2019 December. Before that it was normal. It might be a national security or something else. We don’t know exactly whose deciding it what we know is IRCC giving announcements. So we push IRCC. By the way both service Canada and IRCC are both government departments. They can deal with themselves.

Reactions: Rahul81