+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Dec 24, 2018
Hi ,

I received letter for the requirement of biometrics, and the letter mentions that i have to move out of canada in order to get my Biometrics. currently i am staying in canada. But while submitting my application i was in india. and the time limit mentioned is 30 days. i have no idea what i have to do? could you please help me out in this.

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
how did you deal with it ??

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Hi ,

I received letter for the requirement of biometrics, and the letter mentions that i have to move out of canada in order to get my Biometrics. currently i am staying in canada. But while submitting my application i was in india. and the time limit mentioned is 30 days. i have no idea what i have to do? could you please help me out in this.
Hi. Can you please tell me what happened with your biometric? Same situation as you, only I was in the Philippines when I submitted my online app and I was already here in Canada when I received the BIL.

Reactions: RomanSky
Dec 24, 2018
Hi. Can you please tell me what happened with your biometric? Same situation as you, only I was in the Philippines when I submitted my online app and I was already here in Canada when I received the BIL.

You have to move out of Canada .. and get ur biometrics done at your native country

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Did you go out of Canada po ba?Same situation here.
Nope, I did not. I was able to call IRCC, and they said that I do not have to give my biometrics anymore and that they will use the biometrics I submitted when I applied for my work visa.

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Under what program po? was your application paper based or online?
Online, express entry fsw..try calling the hotline so that you would know what to do. Got my BIL last aug 6 deadline set is sept 6. Called the hotline last friday, sept 27.

1-888-242-2100
Press 1 (for information on the processing of application...)
Press 1 (information on the status of application)
Press 2 (applied to become a permanent resident)
Press 2 (application number starts with e)
Enter application number
Enter year of birth
Press 1 (verify status of application)
Press 0 (speak to an agent)
Press 1 (callback option)
Key in your contact number

*I chose callback option since no agents were available at the time I called and I have to wait for 45 minutes for someone to become available.
An agent called me back after 30 minutes.
Per the agent, I didn't have to do another biometricsince they already have my biometrics when I appliedfor my visa last March 2019.

coolshubh

Oct 15, 2019
Hey! I also got a biometrics invitation letter. I am working in Toronto. Called IRCC helpline but they are busy. Any suggestions will be helpful.

xander1015

Sep 13, 2019
Yes I already did. I am really worried kasi iniisip ko need ko pa umuwi pinas. When did this happened po sainyo po?
Hi, umuwi ba kayo ng Pilipinas to have your biometrics? Any update on your application?
I also applied for PR in Philippines. My application is in 3 mos processing now. No BIL yet. 2 weeks ago i came here in Canada.