+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

bien_nas26

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I send my student visa application along with my common-law partner online. I am the principal applicant. On the same day she got her biometric letter instruction, I did not. Now I don't know if something happen to my application or I just need to wait for sometime. Is there anyone here experience this same situation? Please advise.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, I send my student visa application along with my common-law partner online. I am the principal applicant. On the same day she got her biometric letter instruction, I did not. Now I don't know if something happen to my application or I just need to wait for sometime. Is there anyone here experience this same situation? Please advise.
When did you submit your application, and what is your nationality?

bien_nas26

Jan 10, 2019
I submitted 9th of January 2019, I'm wondering because my partner received it the same day. I'm here in Dubai but I am a Filipino. Thank you for your reply.

bien_nas26

Jan 10, 2019
I submitted 9th of January 2019, I'm wondering because my partner received it the same day. I'm here in Dubai but I am a Filipino. Thank you for your reply

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I submitted 9th of January 2019, I'm wondering because my partner received it the same day. I'm here in Dubai but I am a Filipino. Thank you for your reply
Some applicants receive much earlier than others. So if you are required to give them, rest assured you will receive your instruction letter.
But if you applied for a Canada visa before in the last 10 years, and you were required to give biometrics back then, you won't give them at all. Not sure if that's your case though...

pandadreams11

Jan 31, 2019
india
Hi, I have applied for express entry. My aor was 11th april and upon calling the agent told me that eligibility had passed and criminality was met and they are completing security. however i have not recieved a request for biometrics. Is this normal?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, I have applied for express entry. My aor was 11th april and upon calling the agent told me that eligibility had passed and criminality was met and they are completing security. however i have not recieved a request for biometrics. Is this normal?
You applied before biometrics requirements came into effect for the first time on July 31st 2018, and even then, is was only for applicants from certain countries.
Applicants from all other countries were then required to give biometrics starting December 31st 2018.
So no biometrics for you.