+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics?

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Dear all,

I have checked my husband CIC account portal and they newly added the Biometrics information which is blank....
How and where can my husband give his biometrics information?
Should we wait that they request for his biometrics by sending a letter or he should try to do it by himself and submit it?

Can anyone guide me how it works?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Dear all,

I have checked my husband CIC account portal and they newly added the Biometrics information which is blank....
How and where can my husband give his biometrics information?
Should we wait that they request for his biometrics by sending a letter or he should try to do it by himself and submit it?

Can anyone guide me how it works?
What do you mean by blank?

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
What do you mean by blank?
When I was checking my husband CIC account portal, it was regularly normal with his name, application number, UCI number and now below of these information, they added Biometrics Information like,

Biometric enrolment:
Biometric expiry:

It is like this, so I don’t know what can my husband do? Should he wait that he recieve a request letter for biometric or there is a way so he can submit his biometric?

How ???

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
When I was checking my husband CIC account portal, it was regularly normal with his name, application number, UCI number and now below of these information, they added Biometrics Information like,

Biometric enrolment:
Biometric expiry:

It is like this, so I don’t know what can my husband do? Should he wait that he recieve a request letter for biometric or there is a way so he can submit his biometric?

How ???
Oh, its not filled out? What about below in the table which each status? There is a separate row of biometrics. What does it say?

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Oh, its not filled out? What about below in the table which each status? There is a separate row of biometrics. What does it say?
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send a message if this changes.
Review of Additional Documents: Not Applicable.
Interview: you do not need an interview. We will send a message if this changes.
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send a message if this changes.
Review of Additional Documents: Not Applicable.
Interview: you do not need an interview. We will send a message if this changes.
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: we are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
One year of my husband’s medical has passed on June 20. And it says he doesn’t need a medical.
Also, they added Biometrics at the top but it says we don’t need your fingerprint in the chart.

Don’t know what is going on?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
One year of my husband’s medical has passed on June 20. And it says he doesn’t need a medical.
Also, they added Biometrics at the top but it says we don’t need your fingerprint in the chart.

Don’t know what is going on?
I see. Where is your husband from? I had my biometrics taken when I had first applied for the visitor visa and its filled out on that date. But apparently i read an article that says they wont take biometrics till 2019 for countries from Middle east, Africa and Europe. I believe if there is anything needed for your application they will contact you, so dont worry!

taraana

Apr 24, 2018
I see. Where is your husband from? I had my biometrics taken when I had first applied for the visitor visa and its filled out on that date. But apparently i read an article that says they wont take biometrics till 2019 for countries from Middle east, Africa and Europe. I believe if there is anything needed for your application they will contact you, so dont worry!
My husband is from Afghanistan and he is currently in Afghanistan.
But if they don’t take Biometrics till 2019 then why they added Biometrics enrolment and expiry that is still blank at the top of his CIC account chart ?

Reactions: Maryz

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
I have the same but didn’t receive any request to send bioletrics

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
My husband is from Afghanistan and he is currently in Afghanistan.
But if they don’t take Biometrics till 2019 then why they added Biometrics enrolment and expiry that is still blank at the top of his CIC account chart ?
You now need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for permanent residence if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.

Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give your biometrics.

• Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas

Last edited:

Monie

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Answer: You need to give your biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, including:

NOTE: You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics and where to go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.

• If you apply online
    • If you apply to visit, study or work, the letter will go to your account message box within 24 hours of applying and paying the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message.
    • If you apply for permanent residence, the letter will go to your account message box if you sent us a complete application and paid the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message. It can be several days or even several weeks before the email is sent to you.
  • If you apply by mail
    • If you apply to visit, study or work, the letter will get to you by mail about two weeks after we get your application and your payment for the biometrics fee. The timing of your letter depends on various factors including the speed of your postal service.
    • If you apply for permanent residence, the letter will get to you by mail several weeks after we get your complete application and your payment for the biometrics fee. The timing of your letter depends on various factors including the speed of your postal service.
Find out more about biometrics: who is exempt, how often you need to give them, how to give themand where to give them.

Last edited:

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Answer: You need to give your biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, including:

NOTE: You have to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.

After you submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics and where to go. You’ll have up to 30 days to go in person to an official biometrics collection service location.

• If you apply online
    • If you apply to visit, study or work, the letter will go to your account message box within 24 hours of applying and paying the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message.
    • If you apply for permanent residence, the letter will go to your account message box if you sent us a complete application and paid the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message. It can be several days or even several weeks before the email is sent to you.
  • If you apply by mail
    • If you apply to visit, study or work, the letter will get to you by mail about two weeks after we get your application and your payment for the biometrics fee. The timing of your letter depends on various factors including the speed of your postal service.
    • If you apply for permanent residence, the letter will get to you by mail several weeks after we get your complete application and your payment for the biometrics fee. The timing of your letter depends on various factors including the speed of your postal service.
Find out more about biometrics: who is exempt, how often you need to give them, how to give themand where to give them.

Regarding the biometrics, is the 30 day included in the 60 day time frame to complete the docs for uploading?

MyKaya

Mar 18, 2019
Hi guys! Good day!

I would like to inquire, is it possible to submit biometrics in any accredited VACs even if the applicant applied for Canadian Tourist Visa in a particular country?

For example, If the applicant applied for visa in New Zealand (because she is about to go there), can the applicant submit it in the Philippines while she is still presently there? Or do you suggest to submit it in New Zealand once the applicant lands there?
Thank you.

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Hi guys! Good day!

I would like to inquire, is it possible to submit biometrics in any accredited VACs even if the applicant applied for Canadian Tourist Visa in a particular country?

For example, If the applicant applied for visa in New Zealand (because she is about to go there), can the applicant submit it in the Philippines while she is still presently there? Or do you suggest to submit it in New Zealand once the applicant lands there?
Thank you.
You can do your biometrics at any centre in the world that is authorized to do them; it does not have to be in the country the person is applying from.