+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics when reapplying after visa refusal

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
Hi,
My parents applied for super visa and their application got refused. They want to reapply for visitor visa. My question is: do they have to do the biometrics again? They did it 2 weeks ago for the application which have been refused. There is no embassy in the country where they live and it is kind of challenge to have trip to visit the embassy in another country to submit another biometrics? They live in Gaza city, Palestine. When they tried to attempt re-applying, they did not see an option to say that they previously submitted biometrics. Also, the system automatically calculated and asked to pay for the biometrics. Note that they are using same profile they initially created when they submitted their super visa applications.
please advise.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I'm not mistaken - you obtained your PR status through a refugee claim. If that's correct, there's likely no point applying for a visitor visa - that will be refused for your parents as well.

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi,
My parents applied for super visa and their application got refused. They want to reapply for visitor visa. My question is: do they have to do the biometrics again? They did it 2 weeks ago for the application which have been refused. There is no embassy in the country where they live and it is kind of challenge to have trip to visit the embassy in another country to submit another biometrics? They live in Gaza city, Palestine. When they tried to attempt re-applying, they did not see an option to say that they previously submitted biometrics. Also, the system automatically calculated and asked to pay for the biometrics. Note that they are using same profile they initially created when they submitted their super visa applications.
please advise.
Thank you.
Hi,

I applied for TRV and get rejected once and I am applying again now, I went to do the biometric and I asked the lady there that I already did this do I have to do it again and her answer was "Yes, for TRV every time you apply you have to do it again" from the way she answered it seems its a common procedure for TRV.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please advise about the biometrics part
@scylla is right. Your parents' chances of being approved for TRVs are low. It's your choice though.

To answer your question about biometrics:
Your parents must give their biometrics for each new visa application. So they will have to give biometrics again for the new TRV applications

Reactions: mfkoko321