+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

??? ...Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints... ???

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Hi to everyone reading this thread.

PA just got the CoPR a week ago and there is this notice on the GCkey online status which is bugging me....

« We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes »

Under Applicant Information, we have the following:
  • Biometrics:
    • Biometrics Number:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
    • Expiry Date:
!!! All fields are left blank !!!

??? Should we worry that something went wrong somewhere ???

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
If you applied before July 31, 2018 (or December 2018 for some countries), biometrics were not required so don't worry. If you have CoPR, you're good to go!
AOR1 : March 9th 2018

??? Please could you tell me where this info can be found ???

I am really freaking out about this biometrics thing.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
If you’re from a country in Asia, Asia Pacific or the Americas and we received your application before December 31, 2018, you don’t need to give your biometrics, even if your application is still being processed.[/Q
I would recommend u to call cic and talk to them. Biometrics is mandatory now might not be mandatory for u when u applied.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2018/12/canadas-new-biometrics-rule-will-soon-apply-to-temporary-and-permanent-resident-applicants-from-asia-asia-pacific-and-the-americas.html

Jun 27, 2023
Hi All,

I have applied for a Spousal Open work permit and since I had a previous refusal with my last application, I already had my Biometrics done.
I had the previous refusal in the month of Jan 2023 after getting the Biometrics done and my Biometric is still valid for another 10 years which is not a problem.
Now in my new application to open work permit, I see that the Biometric details are all updated in the Application Information but under " Details about your application status" the Biometric still reflects " We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. " .
I believe this should have infact been completed at the updated date.
Can someone please let me know if this could be a problem or is this as expected as my Biometrics was already collected.

Jun 27, 2023
I am also planning to get the medical exam done and submit the report via Web form as I have not received any update for a medical request, would it be fine and not case any problem with my application proccessing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am also planning to get the medical exam done and submit the report via Web form as I have not received any update for a medical request, would it be fine and not case any problem with my application proccessing
It is not recommended and not likely to speed things up, and may cost you extra money.

vm91kumar

Sep 29, 2023
Hi,
do you know if I have to give my biometrics if I apply just for transit visa? I am Indian citizen but with German permanent residence. There is a message : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes » in my profile but do you know if that might change later on?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
do you know if I have to give my biometrics if I apply just for transit visa? I am Indian citizen but with German permanent residence. There is a message : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes » in my profile but do you know if that might change later on?
Ask in the other forum about visas and etas. This forum about family sponsorship.