+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics | Visit Visa

ryzriela

Aug 1, 2012
Hello,

I hope someone here can help me. I got biometrics using my single name. It says that its valid 10 years.Now that I am married, shall I again apply for biometrics? Would like to apply again for visit visa - the third time around.Thank you!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Biometric is associated with your UCI ,
I assume since you already have Visitor Visa in past , you must have your UCI and same UCI you are going to mention in your new Form.
I also assume in new form your will answer Yes stating previous names/Surnames.

So in Summary , Answer is No , you do not need to do biometric again , just because of name change .
If that will be required , IRCC will ask you , which is highly unlikely.

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand

ryzriela

Aug 1, 2012
Thank you so much! This is really helpful.

unfortunately I no longer remember my UCI.Where can retrieve it

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Thank you so much! This is really helpful.

unfortunately I no longer remember my UCI.Where can retrieve it
Easiest way is Open your passport where you have your first visa sticker , You can find your 8 digit UCI number

Good Luck

ryzriela

Aug 1, 2012
Biometric is associated with your UCI ,
I assume since you already have Visitor Visa in past , you must have your UCI and same UCI you are going to mention in your new Form.
I also assume in new form your will answer Yes stating previous names/Surnames.

So in Summary , Answer is No , you do not need to do biometric again , just because of name change .
If that will be required , IRCC will ask you , which is highly unlikely.

Good Luck

Thank you this is helpful.

I got rejected twice. And would like to try third time. However, I didn't kept the documents I had before. I was so sad that I threw it away.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Igot rejected twice and didn't note down the UCI number
Let me understand it
So you never had Visitor visa approved in past any time ? but you did your biometric for your prev. application which got rejected Twice.
So you will never had this might be
as per IRCC website

"
This eight or ten digit number looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.
Look for this number on:

• letters we sent you
  • your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit
If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form, you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank.
If you have not dealt with us since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.

"
So try to login to your account and see the Old rejected application letter OR if you are not able to find any letter or communication with them , just leave it blank .

Good Luck

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Let me understand it
So you never had Visitor visa approved in past any time ? but you did your biometric for your prev. application which got rejected Twice.
So you will never had this might be
as per IRCC website

"
This eight or ten digit number looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.
Look for this number on:

• letters we sent you
  • your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit
If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form, you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank.
If you have not dealt with us since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.

"
So try to login to your account and see the Old rejected application letter OR if you are not able to find any letter or communication with them , just leave it blank .

Good Luck
Good day sir. I got canada visitor visa in 2016, renewed in 2018. So I must have done the biometrics on 2016 or 2018. I'm renewing again this year. However, the canada visa biometrics checker shows that my biometrics is not found.

Note: my canadian visa expired with my passport in 2016 and 2018. Now I'm renewing with a new passport valid from 2022 to 2032. I have a valid US tourist visa.

"Validity of your visa or permit cannot exceed the validity of biometrics." - I found this on the FAQ of VAC website.

Assuming I get a visa for 10 years, my biometrics can only be valid up to 2026 or 2028. Is this the reason I need to do the biometrics again? So biometrics will be valid from 2022 to 2032 (assumed visa expiry).

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Good day sir. I got canada visitor visa in 2016, renewed in 2018. So I must have done the biometrics on 2016 or 2018. I'm renewing again this year. However, the canada visa biometrics checker shows that my biometrics is not found.

Note: my canadian visa expired with my passport in 2016 and 2018. Now I'm renewing with a new passport valid from 2022 to 2032. I have a valid US tourist visa.

"Validity of your visa or permit cannot exceed the validity of biometrics." - I found this on the FAQ of VAC website.

Assuming I get a visa for 10 years, my biometrics can only be valid up to 2026 or 2028. Is this the reason I need to do the biometrics again? So biometrics will be valid from 2022 to 2032 (assumed visa expiry).
Sorry for late reply
I assume you never gave Biometric , reason I am saying Canada implemented Biometric for Visit Visa only on 3rd Dec 2019 , as you said your visa was done on 2018 renewal ., so you never gone through this .

So you will get a biometric collection letter as soon as you will apply for any kind of Immigration Application.
That is also one reason tool is showing no Biometric record found

good luck

Reactions: sventhedog

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Sorry for late reply
I assume you never gave Biometric , reason I am saying Canada implemented Biometric for Visit Visa only on 3rd Dec 2019 , as you said your visa was done on 2018 renewal ., so you never gone through this .

So you will get a biometric collection letter as soon as you will apply for any kind of Immigration Application.
That is also one reason tool is showing no Biometric record found

good luck
The reason I asked is I can't remember whether I did biometrics before or not. Anyway, Thank you sir. Have a nice day.