+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics through Service Canada

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
was biometrics removed for some of you? will it be shown in the profile? i applied to extend visitor status from my mom (she is stuck here due to covid), but nothing has changed on her profile yet. will they refund fee as well?
No changes of biometrics are made to my application neither - it is still required. Also they got rid of the section on their website about biometrics exemptions for inland temporary resident applications. No one knows what's going on right now.

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
They got an appointment even though the website clearly says no appointments can be done? Through someone they know that works in Service Canada?

Wow talk about sketchy practices.
I know right but apparently they are in a different situation? I have no idea but he said his visa was a special one or something maybe he works for the government or an essential worker?

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
No changes of biometrics are made to my application neither - it is still required. Also they got rid of the section on their website about biometrics exemptions for inland temporary resident applications. No one knows what's going on right now.
Do you think its a good idea to call and ask or would i get an "idk" answer because it takes like a good hour to connect

fakelucio

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Do you think its a good idea to call and ask or would i get an "idk" answer because it takes like a good hour to connect
It doesn't hurt to call them, in the past I called them as soon as they open it usually took less than 20 minutes to connect. Also you might find this thread interesting: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/post-8722589 It is post grad work permit in our case but it's still temporary resident application. This person asked IRCC in webform about their biometrics and IRCC said biometrics are indeed exempted.

Ishan5557

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
When did you apply? As per IRCC, they will not respond to any web forms if the processing time of the application is crossed. But there's no harm filling out web form and asking your queries.

Reactions: moonjuice

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
It doesn't hurt to call them, in the past I called them as soon as they open it usually took less than 20 minutes to connect. Also you might find this thread interesting: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-graduate-work-permit-processing-time-pgwp.481328/post-8722589 It is post grad work permit in our case but it's still temporary resident application. This person asked IRCC in webform about their biometrics and IRCC said biometrics are indeed exempted.
Thanks for the info

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi guys,

So what ended up happening in your application? were they processed without the biometrics? The link with the exception is back up saying that those applying inside Canada don't need biometrics, but they are still asking for them.

Did you guys ask about it, or did they just approve your study permit without them?

Ricey

Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys,

So what ended up happening in your application? were they processed without the biometrics? The link with the exception is back up saying that those applying inside Canada don't need biometrics, but they are still asking for them.

Did you guys ask about it, or did they just approve your study permit without them?
My application to extend my study permit was approved last month without biometrics, and by my friend who recently submitted an application, the processing time is really short for like 1-2 weeks on study permits. It seems they're working tight on the review to issue the permits after a long frozen period. Work permits can be different but you won't need biometrics for sure.

Reactions: Conaider

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
My application to extend my study permit was approved last month without biometrics, and by my friend who recently submitted an application, the processing time is really short for like 1-2 weeks on study permits. It seems they're working tight on the review to issue the permits after a long frozen period. Work permits can be different but you won't need biometrics for sure.
Did you get your biometric fee back?

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys,

My study permit was approved August 20. No need for biometrics! And they refunded the biometrics fee.

Reactions: Conaider