+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics through Service Canada

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
Hi,
I applied for a study permit from inside Canada and I'm required to provide biometrics. However, all Service Canada in-person services are cancelled and my application won't be processed without biometrics. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? They gave me until August 6 to provide biometrics and I'm supposed to start my program in September. Is anyone else in the same situation?

• Sad
Reactions: LJK

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I applied for a study permit from inside Canada and I'm required to provide biometrics. However, all Service Canada in-person services are cancelled and my application won't be processed without biometrics. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? They gave me until August 6 to provide biometrics and I'm supposed to start my program in September. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Nothing you can do but wait.

Reactions: Rishav20

LJK

May 8, 2020
My husband and I are in the same position - applied for PR and BOWP - now on implied status. It's very frustrating to see non-essential services such as food trucks being able to operate but a government department which provides essential services such as biometrics is closed to appointments. I'm sure there must be many people in this position. Anyone know who will make the decision about reopening? Presumably the federal govt?

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
My husband and I are in the same position - applied for PR and BOWP - now on implied status. It's very frustrating to see non-essential services such as food trucks being able to operate but a government department which provides essential services such as biometrics is closed to appointments. I'm sure there must be many people in this position. Anyone know who will make the decision about reopening? Presumably the federal govt?
same exact situation it is so frustrating since i need to travel for family matter but can't unless i get my BOWP. Please does anyone have more info?

marinasc

Jan 14, 2020
I was told by a Service Canada officer that they're planning to reopen at different times depending on the province. I just hope it won't take too long.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
I totally agree. It simply doesn’t make to sense to have government services closed when they have opened patios and let people hang out without masks. Says a lot about priorities there.

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Someone told me they got an appointment for biometrics through someone working in service canada next week. so maybe it'll open soon?

Ricey

Jun 26, 2020
Same situation, applied in March, and my 90 days period has already expired... Anyone has any idea whether we need to do something if exceeding 90 days?

jcpn

Feb 28, 2020
I hope they open to biometrics soon! I am also waiting for it! In BC they just started phase 3, so maybe by the end of the month, we may get good news.

harvai2224

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Same situation, applied in March, and my 90 days period has already expired... Anyone has any idea whether we need to do something if exceeding 90 days?
No the deadline is automatically extended for another 90 days. I am waiting too, since march and my first 90 days has already expired :(