+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics- supervisa application

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Hey folks

A quick question- my mom has a valid visitors visa and is currently in Canada. M a PR here. Few months ago, while she was in India, I'd applied for her supervisa.

As per the usual process, we got the biometrics letter, the 90-day period for which just got over. Before the period ended, I raised a webform inquiring about our options bcz (1) she is right now in Canada and not in India, and (2) biometrics centers are closed in both Canada and India.

We received a very generic reply from the New Delhi office (High Commission of Canada) mentioming the link to biometric center locations. But it had no info on the questions asked by us.

Anyone in a similar situation? Or has any idea about what needs to be done? I don't want her application to get stuck bcz of non-submisssion of biometrics, but at the same time don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance for any inputs/ ideas.

vinay909

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I am in a similar situation for my mother. Did you get any reply. i would appreciate any info you have and also can you give the link for webform.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Hello, I am in a similar situation for my mother. Did you get any reply. i would appreciate any info you have and also can you give the link for webform.
I got a generic reply which didn't help. Then biometric centers opened in Canada in Dec and she gave her biometrics. A few days ago, we got to know that giving her biometric in Canada was a futile attempt bcsmz VACs in India are still not open, hence, her application is still untouched.