+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics & Residency Obligations

Ocamry

Jul 4, 2012
Hope this is the right forum category to post my queries.

My family of 3 adults have been a PR for about 15 years. The last 2 PRs renewal was quite straight forward for us and was submitted 6 months before expiry. However I can’t recall the details of what and how we do it.

Now our current PRs are expiring this month and some of the requirements have changed I need some help

1. Biometrics - I have no idea do we need to do one and pay for the fees. I don’t want to delay the processing if we need to pay. The Biometric checker says “Status: Not Applicable. Details : we did not find any biometrics for the information provided” What does this mean?

2. Residency Obligations (RO): we were only out of Canada for 50 days over last 5 years meeting the RO. Do we still need to provide supporting documents like bank statements and CRA assessments.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope this is the right forum category to post my queries.

My family of 3 adults have been a PR for about 15 years. The last 2 PRs renewal was quite straight forward for us and was submitted 6 months before expiry. However I can’t recall the details of what and how we do it.

Now our current PRs are expiring this month and some of the requirements have changed I need some help

1. Biometrics - I have no idea do we need to do one and pay for the fees. I don’t want to delay the processing if we need to pay. The Biometric checker says “Status: Not Applicable. Details : we did not find any biometrics for the information provided” What does this mean?

2. Residency Obligations (RO): we were only out of Canada for 50 days over last 5 years meeting the RO. Do we still need to provide supporting documents like bank statements and CRA assessments.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and advice.
The checklist and guide are also quite straight forward. Please read it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

2. Yes, this is a recent change. You just provide two of the types of docs they ask for to show evidence you reside/have resided in Canada.

I don't think biometrics are requested. If not asked for them, you don't have to do them.