+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics request letter - not received yet 4 months after AOR

Shippo

Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone,

As stated in the title, It's been 4 months since my AOR (after July 2018) and I haven't received any biometrics instruction yet. Actually I'm supposed to give biometrics according to my nationality and have already paid the fee while submitting my application for PR through Express Entry.

Now I'm stuck in IP2 for more than 2 months and the biometrics status in my account is still “We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.”

According to CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

"The (biometrics request) letter will go to your account message box if you sent us a complete application and paid the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message. It can be several days or even several weeks before the email is sent to you."

Many applicants usually receive it within days after AOR, but I haven't received it 4 months after AOR. Has anyone experienced the same situation? Is this normal?

Thanks.

Last edited:

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hello everyone,

As stated in the title, It's been 4 months since my AOR (after July 2018) and I haven't received any biometrics instruction yet. Actually I'm supposed to give biometrics according to my nationality and have already paid the fee while submitting my application for PR through Express Entry.

Now I'm stuck in IP2 for more than 2 months and the biometrics status in my account is still “We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.”

According to CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

"The (biometrics request) letter will go to your account message box if you sent us a complete application and paid the biometrics fee. You’ll get an email to let you know that you have a new message. It can be several days or even several weeks before the email is sent to you."

Many applicants usually receive it within days after AOR, but I haven't received it 4 months after AOR. Has anyone experienced the same situation? Is this normal?

Thanks.
Raise a CSE