+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics question

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
I've posted this question earler but I got no response. My mother is currently in Canada (she has a multiple entry TRV) and I had applied for a visitor record. However after submitting it, I got a letter requesting biometrics (when she had applied and received her visa in the past, biometrics were not mandatory).

Now all biometrics are suspended in Canada. If she exceeds her stay due to biometrics screening not being available, will it be considered as implied status? Or does she have to leave by the date stamped on her passport? I do not want her to leave yet due to coronavirus fears in her home country.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Biometrics collection in Canada
Even though a small number of Service Canada offices may be open with limited services, biometrics collection services are currently unavailable.

Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re applying from within Canada

• to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
  • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
  • for a work or study permit
  • for a visitor visa
  • for a temporary resident permit
This applies to all new applications as well as applications already in progress.

It applies even if

• your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This temporary measure does not apply if you’re outside Canada.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Biometrics collection in Canada
Even though a small number of Service Canada offices may be open with limited services, biometrics collection services are currently unavailable.

Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re applying from within Canada

• to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
  • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
  • for a work or study permit
  • for a visitor visa
  • for a temporary resident permit
This applies to all new applications as well as applications already in progress.

It applies even if

• your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This temporary measure does not apply if you’re outside Canada.
I cannot see this on the CIC page. Can you please provide me with the link?