+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics question

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
Hi,
I received email for biometrics today.

All the locations within 1 hour drive won't have a open space until March 25+,

So what i am wondering is if they will process my application while I am waiting to give biometrics or they will just leave it alone for now?

Anyone can tell me ?

Thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this - it may be "maybe." It likely depends on each visa officer and what other files they're working on.

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this - it may be "maybe." It likely depends on each visa officer and what other files they're working on.
Thanks for your answer. I guess i need to call IRCC to see if they have an answer.

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
I called them on 1-888-242-2100, went through all the options, choose to talk to an agent, then they say it is undergoing a high volume of calls then just disconnect me. LMAO. So Canadian.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Just so you're aware, the call centre isn't likely to give you a solid answer on this either. They're poorly trained and are supposed to just answer basic questions. They are not visa officers.

The way it works is that each element of an application has a "bring forward date." Once a visa officer has processed an element of your file, it goes away until the bring forward date - which is the date by which you should have provided information, or by which another office is supposed to have returned information to the visa officer. So if they have to request a foreign embassy provide the visa officer with criminality check information, and it normally takes 2-3 weeks to get a response, they'll set a bring forward date of 4-5 weeks, just to give it enough time. They don't want to waste visa officers' time in checking applications where responses haven't yet been received.

What you're asking is whether your biometrics will pause the application until their bring forward date. I don't know. But what I do know is that there are certain checks with other countries - such as the United States - that rely on biometrics, and they need to get the biometrics first to be able to conduct those checks.

So yes, there is likely to be some element of delay in your application without biometrics. But how much or how long or whether or not other parts of your application will continue to process in the meantime, well, who knows.

Reactions: Cancan11 and _ranzo

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
Just so you're aware, the call centre isn't likely to give you a solid answer on this either. They're poorly trained and are supposed to just answer basic questions. They are not visa officers.

The way it works is that each element of an application has a "bring forward date." Once a visa officer has processed an element of your file, it goes away until the bring forward date - which is the date by which you should have provided information, or by which another office is supposed to have returned information to the visa officer. So if they have to request a foreign embassy provide the visa officer with criminality check information, and it normally takes 2-3 weeks to get a response, they'll set a bring forward date of 4-5 weeks, just to give it enough time. They don't want to waste visa officers' time in checking applications where responses haven't yet been received.

What you're asking is whether your biometrics will pause the application until their bring forward date. I don't know. But what I do know is that there are certain checks with other countries - such as the United States - that rely on biometrics, and they need to get the biometrics first to be able to conduct those checks.

So yes, there is likely to be some element of delay in your application without biometrics. But how much or how long or whether or not other parts of your application will continue to process in the meantime, well, who knows.
Thanks for your pro reply. I came from China and am doing CEC Inland. I guess i will just drive 3 hours to get to Windsor and have it done next Wednesday.