+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics-over 80 years

NewNew22

Apr 16, 2018
Hello,

my father has just submitted his application for visitor visa from Iran. My fathers birthday is May 10th and he will be turning 80. It mentions on the website that if you are under then 14 years of age and older than 80 then you do not need biometrics....if you are over 80 then you must go to a Canada Visa Office...Does anyone have any ways of figuring out where the closest one to Iran is..there is a visa application centre VAC in Turkey and Armenia..but is this the same as the Canada Visa Office that individuals over 80 must go to?

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
my father has just submitted his application for visitor visa from Iran. My fathers birthday is May 10th and he will be turning 80. It mentions on the website that if you are under then 14 years of age and older than 80 then you do not need biometrics....if you are over 80 then you must go to a Canada Visa Office...Does anyone have any ways of figuring out where the closest one to Iran is..there is a visa application centre VAC in Turkey and Armenia..but is this the same as the Canada Visa Office that individuals over 80 must go to?
Has your dad received the Biometrics Instructions Letter?

There's no separate VAC to give biometrics for individuals over 80. The closest VACs that accept biometrics for the Ankara visa office are the Ankara VAC (different from the Ankara visa office) + Istanbul VAC.

You can email the Ankara visa office to reconfirm whether or not your dad needs to give his biometrics (if you don't get the BIL)

NewNew22

Apr 16, 2018
Has your dad received the Biometrics Instructions Letter?

There's no separate VAC to give biometrics for individuals over 80. The closest VACs that accept biometrics for the Ankara visa office are the Ankara VAC (different from the Ankara visa office) + Istanbul VAC.

You can email the Ankara visa office to reconfirm whether or not your dad needs to give his biometrics (if you don't get the BIL)
Yes, he received a letter...I have tried contact the visa office but no one is answering....if he turns 80 but still got the letter is it oaky if he doesn't get biometrics done?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
if he turns 80 but still got the letter is it oaky if he doesn't get biometrics done?
You shouldn't assume that biometrics are not required. Technically, he has received the BIL before he turned 80, but he has 30 days to give the biometrics i.e. he would turn 80 during this 30 days.

I suggest you email the Ankara visa office to clarify

NewNew22

Apr 16, 2018
thank you...so just to clarify this is the note that is on the cic website
NOTE: If you are about to reach your 80th birthday, VACs cannot collect biometrics from applicants 80 years of age and over. If you are 79 years old when you submit your application but will turn 80 before you give your biometrics, you must contact your Canadian visa office to make arrangements to have your biometrics collected there. If you are in the United States, you can still give your biometrics at the nearest ASC.

So in my case my parents are going to Armenia and my dad will be 80 at the time..if he goes there do you think he can get his biometrics done there?

I have tried emailing and calling several times but no luck