+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics not updated in my cic account

pawaniti1994

May 30, 2019
hi friends,

I have submitted my visa application online on 29th April and given my biometrics on 3rd May but as of now there is no update in cic account and I VFS hasn’t provided me the tracking id, they gave me only my biometrics sticker.

When I called VFS helpline they are asking for tracking id and when I told them while story then they told me to write a mail to vfs. I have sent mail but didn’t get any response. My classes are going to start in June.

Please suggest me it’s very urgent.
Pawan sharma

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to follow up with VFS.

Or you can submit a webform and ask IRCC, but really your issue here is with VFS.

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
hi friends,

I have submitted my visa application online on 29th April and given my biometrics on 3rd May but as of now there is no update in cic account and I VFS hasn’t provided me the tracking id, they gave me only my biometrics sticker.

When I called VFS helpline they are asking for tracking id and when I told them while story then they told me to write a mail to vfs. I have sent mail but didn’t get any response. My classes are going to start in June.

Please suggest me it’s very urgent.
Pawan sharma
Same thing happened with me.Can u please update about your case.Did u raise webform?Did ircc reply?What was the issue for not updating bio?I even have not got any mail from vfs neither any tracking no.My agent has mailed ircc.we r waiting for reply.

kanada07

Jul 23, 2018
Then file a webform and ask IRCC why the
Sir/Madam,

I had applied for Permanent Residence and Work Permit. First, I received a biometrics request for my Work Permit dated Jan 9, 2020. I submitted the biometrics on Jan 17,2020.

Then, I received another request for biometrics for my Permanent Residency application on Jan 20,2020.

However, it seems the details of the previous biometrics submission were updated on my Permanent Residency application too.

Hence, I was confused about this and I did not go for submitting another biometrics for my Permanent Residency application as I was under the impression that IRCC has updated the same biometrics for my work permit and PR application.

Now, though the biometrics details are displayed on my Permanent Residency application , the Biometrics section under ‘Details about your application status’ says ‘We have not received your fingerprints’. Will this be a problem?

Are the biometrics I submitted for my work permit are being applied to my Permanent residency application as the former application’s(Work Permit) biometric details are appearing on my current application (Permanent Residency)?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The biometrics you submitted for a work permit are not being applied for your permanent residency. You must give biometrics again.

rob712

Dec 14, 2020
nooo update i dont knw what can i do if ur biometric is updated please tell mee
My biometrics got updated when I checked today morning. I actually called them yesterday and they said they didn’t receive it yet but told not to worry as it might take a while sometimes. I would suggest you to call them and find the status.