+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Instruction Letter Not Uploaded/Emailed

hfaraz

May 4, 2014
I submitted my study permit application online. Payment was successful but I haven't received any email confirmation of this. According to CIC website, after submitting my application I should have received a letter instructing how to do my biometrics. Two days have passed and I still haven't received any email regarding this nor has anything been uploaded on myCIC account. Is this normal? I can not go to the biometrics centre without that letter! What should I do? Has anyone else experienced this?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
hfaraz said:
I submitted my study permit application online. Payment was successful but I haven't received any email confirmation of this. According to CIC website, after submitting my application I should have received a letter instructing how to do my biometrics. Two days have passed and I still haven't received any email regarding this nor has anything been uploaded on myCIC account. Is this normal? I can not go to the biometrics centre without that letter! What should I do? Has anyone else experienced this?

When you submit your application online, you will automatically receive submission notice and reciept of payment from CIC (computer generated). Did you get such a letter? You can download it from your profile. It'll not be e-mail to you. If you know exactly that you need to submit your biometric and got the letter of submission of application (which has your application number), then go to the Visa center and do it there. Normally if you require biometric, it's better to submit paper application, because even if you submit it online, you need to still go to the VFS or the Canadian embassy to take your biometric. So go there with proof of payment of visa fees online and they can help.

hfaraz

May 4, 2014
Thank you for your reply. MyCIC account has been updated to show my application number. In the biometrics section it says not required at the moment. Although being a Pakistani National it should be required and I have paid for it. Any suggestions what should I do now?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Your application would be facilitated in you go to the VFS to take your biometric than to wait CIC to tell you while you know you've to. When you take this at the VFS, your file would be updated. It's your responsibility.

bimboajayi

Sep 23, 2016
hello i have the same issue ,how did you go abou it then please?

MuhammadTalha

Jun 25, 2018
Hi hfaraz,
I was searching in forum for people who got delayed in their biometrics letter..I applied on June 9th,2018 through online application for my study permit.it's been two weeks i did not receive biometrics letter. I am from Pakistan. I read you post that you had got done you biometrics on May 11,
My question is that did you receive you biometrics letter before 11 th May or you went by yourself to vfs global with proof of payment receipts and then they did biometrics for you? please reply if you still can see post.Thanks.