+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics - India VAC Centers all Closed

Jun 3, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
Hi, I have applied for a Study Permit and my wife has applied for an OWP. We are based in Mumbai, India. My course start date at an Ontario University is 01-Sep-2021. I had submitted my full application on May 5th 2021.

My wife received the notice for Biometrics on May 6th 2021 but none of the VACs are open in India due to the pandemic. There doesnt seem to be any other alternative. I have written to IRCC on the Web Form that they have provided asking for an exemption or advice. It says that they will take upto 28 days to respond :-( !!

Is it possible that we will not receive our Permits because we could not give the Biometrics (even if there is NO way to give Biometrics).

Anyone else in this same boat or has any idea on how to do the biometrics ?

-CK

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Stated that all VACs are closed. I got a general mail from Delhi Embassy. Nothing more.
You've to wait until VAC re-open so you can finally proceed with biometrics. Biometrics is necessary. Let's hope pandemic situation in India gets better soon. And don't worry, your application will only be delayed until the VAC re-open which I suppose will re-open in a few weeks

Reactions: Annamusam

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
You've to wait until VAC re-open so you can finally proceed with biometrics. Biometrics is necessary. Let's hope pandemic situation in India gets better soon. And don't worry, your application will only be delayed until the VAC re-open which I suppose will re-open in a few weeks
Really hope so..