+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics in the United States

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
If a person is visiting in Canada while his application for permanent residence being in process and the person gets a request to do biometrics, can that person go to USA to get biometrics done at an Application Support Center?

Based on the info On the website, looks like you can walk-in with the letter from CIC from 11am to 2 pm and get your biometrics done.
It also says "you must already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC?
What does it mean?
Cant you just go to USA specifically for that, because there aren't any options in Canada and you are in Canada on TRV.
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
If a person is visiting in Canada while his application for permanent residence being in process and the person gets a request to do biometrics, can that person go to USA to get biometrics done at an Application Support Center?

Based on the info On the website, looks like you can walk-in with the letter from CIC from 11am to 2 pm and get your biometrics done.
It also says "you must already be legally in the U.S. to go to an ASC?
What does it mean?
Cant you just go to USA specifically for that, because there aren't any options in Canada and you are in Canada on TRV.
Thank you!
Yes - you can get biometrics done in the U.S.

In terms of being legally in the U.S., this means you must have entered the U.S. under some sort of legal status and your status must still be valid at the time biometrics are done. In your case this most likely means you would need to apply for a visa to enter the U.S. and get your biometrics done there.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.
Yes, we have US visa.
I was also confused.
On the ASC website, it says by appointment only.
But on cic, it says drop in from 11 am to 2 pm only.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you.
Yes, we have US visa.
I was also confused.
On the ASC website, it says by appointment only.
But on cic, it says drop in from 11 am to 2 pm only.
I have no idea about appointments vs. drop ins. Sorry.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries. Thank you.
As long as we can go and do it there, it's all good:)

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Ok. Called them.
Drop-in with the letter from CIC.

Thought I'd post in case others need it.
I am in same situation, so without appointment we can go for Biometrics directly with the IRCC letter! Thanks for the info.
but is it between 11 AM to 2 PM only? I am planning to go tomorrow at 8 AM, if I go at 8 AM won't they accept drop in for biometrics?

Last edited:

Princess1981

May 30, 2019
I am in same situation, so without appointment we can go for Biometrics directly with the IRCC letter! Thanks for the info.
but is it between 11 AM to 2 PM only? I am planning to go tomorrow at 8 AM, if I go at 8 AM won't they accept drop in for biometrics?
Hi, is there any update regarding your Biometrics ? My husband are in the same situation. Can we go in the US for Biometrics purposes and yes we have US visa.
really appreciate if you could reply.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi, is there any update regarding your Biometrics ? My husband are in the same situation. Can we go in the US for Biometrics purposes and yes we have US visa.
really appreciate if you could reply.
Thanks
Just be aware there are reports posted on this forum that some people have been refused entry to US when they inform USCBP that their specific purpose is to complete the biometric requirement.

Princess1981

May 30, 2019
Just be aware there are reports posted on this forum that some people have been refused entry to US when they inform USCBP that their specific purpose is to complete the biometric requirement.
Thanks for the reply. Now I know what to tell them so I won't refused entry. :)

Princess1981

May 30, 2019
Hi, I am still waiting for the Biometrics letter. How do you received them? Is it by mail or email? Planning to go in Seattle too. But it's better to book it online. But you can try walk in.

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Hi, I am still waiting for the Biometrics letter. How do you received them? Is it by mail or email? Planning to go in Seattle too. But it's better to book it online. But you can try walk in.
Just got them done today, and just walked in. I had booked an appointment prior for 25th June but I didnt want to wait that long so decided to go to Seattle to do them.

Reactions: Princess1981

Vishunarula

Jun 4, 2019
Hello everyone
My aor is 8th may 2019
I have done my medicals on 25th may 2019
I paid the biometrics fees on 23rd may 2019
It’s almost a month now and still waiting for biometrics letter anyone in same situation?

Princess1981

May 30, 2019
Hello everyone
My aor is 8th may 2019
I have done my medicals on 25th may 2019
I paid the biometrics fees on 23rd may 2019
It’s almost a month now and still waiting for biometrics letter anyone in same situation?
Same situation. Aor was on March 24th 2019.
Medical done on 26th of March 2019.
Paid the Biometrics fee on March 28th 2019.
Until now I haven't received any Biometrics Instruction letter.

Can Someone give me an advice on what to do.

Thanks.