Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Hello guys,
Let's use this thread to keep track of biometrics related processes, issues and also to share personal experience in 2021.

Currently, all ASCs in the US seem to be booked or are not available for scheduling an appointment. Only VACs operated by VFS Global is available for scheduling an appointment at 4 locations across the US.

Let's update this page as anyone comes across any info/update for the above situation.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I gave my biometrics/submitted application in 2019, but here are my 5 cents on biometrics in the US during covid.

ASCs are a total mess now. My wife is still unable to get her biometrics appointment for the H4 change of status filed in April. They might be prioritizing later applications though, but USCIS has announced recently they have more than 1.2 million people in the 2020 backlog for biometrics. So if there is any other option, like VFS Global, I'd go with them - ASCs are drowning in their own, US-specific backlog.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
I gave my biometrics/submitted application in 2019, but here are my 5 cents on biometrics in the US during covid.

ASCs are a total mess now. My wife is still unable to get her biometrics appointment for the H4 change of status filed in April. They might be prioritizing later applications though, but USCIS has announced recently they have more than 1.2 million people in the 2020 backlog for biometrics. So if there is any other option, like VFS Global, I'd go with them - ASCs are drowning in their own, US-specific backlog.
Thanks for the info. I did not know about the number of backlog cases. That makes the VFS option very obvious.

Sometime back today I called on the USCIS Help Line. They told me to keep checking the online scheduler, they don't schedule biometrics appointment in-person or over the phone. And they did not confirm anything about slots not being available to new appointees or any future course of action to relax this mess.

Happysnake

Jan 14, 2021
Hello guys,
Let's use this thread to keep track of biometrics related processes, issues and also to share personal experience in 2021.

Currently, all ASCs in the US seem to be booked or are not available for scheduling an appointment. Only VACs operated by VFS Global is available for scheduling an appointment at 4 locations across the US.

Let's update this page as anyone comes across any info/update for the above situation.
We did our biometrics at an ASC more than a month ago. Back then all appointments within 2 weeks were blocked, but beyond 2 weeks they were all wide open. Canadian biometric appointments are not affected by the backlog with US immigration because a portion of the appointments are specifically reserved for Canadian and UK biometrics. You should look at some other ASCs to see if it's only the ones in your area that are seeing heavy demand.

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
We did our biometrics at an ASC more than a month ago. Back then all appointments within 2 weeks were blocked, but beyond 2 weeks they were all wide open. Canadian biometric appointments are not affected by the backlog with US immigration because a portion of the appointments are specifically reserved for Canadian and UK biometrics. You should look at some other ASCs to see if it's only the ones in your area that are seeing heavy demand.
Great, thanks for the info. I don't see any slots available in any nearby states as well. I am yet to receive BIL, just to monitor the situation I will keep looking. By the way, did you book it online? Does the online scheduler display availability for the next 1-2 months?

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hi! I have a huge question and I hope someone can help me with it. The only collection site in my country (Mexico) is still closed due to COVID, I called this morning and there is no date to re-open yet. I'm planning to travel soon to the US for family matters, can I give my biometrics there? either to a VAC or an ASC? I have a valid visitor visa. Does anyone have any experience in this situation?

Thanks in advance!!!

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
Hi! I have a huge question and I hope someone can help me with it. The only collection site in my country (Mexico) is still closed due to COVID, I called this morning and there is no date to re-open yet. I'm planning to travel soon to the US for family matters, can I give my biometrics there? either to a VAC or an ASC? I have a valid visitor visa. Does anyone have any experience in this situation?

Thanks in advance!!!
I don’t have definite answer for the countries involved (US and Mexico), I know people in India were having the same situation until last month and they gave their biometrics in nearby countries. I think you can also give biometrics in US based on this info.

Reactions: mclavelmex

Harlan

Nov 28, 2018
Hello members

My wife is a US Citizen but she is not currently residing in US. Can she complete biometric at any other VAC Office location (say in India)?

Regards
Asad