+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for study permit extension

arkadev123

Sep 7, 2019
Hello all,

I have a question about giving biometrics for study permit extension application. Can I give biometrics in any authorized location around the world? I understand that study permit extension applications must be made from within Canada, but if I am travelling soon after that can I give biometrics in another country?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I have a question about giving biometrics for study permit extension application. Can I give biometrics in any authorized location around the world? I understand that study permit extension applications must be made from within Canada, but if I am travelling soon after that can I give biometrics in another country?

Thanks!
Do you not have valid biometrics already?

arkadev123

Sep 7, 2019
Do you not have valid biometrics already?
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I a PhD student - I came to Canada 3 years back and now need to extend my study permit for which I need to give biometrics. I was wondering if I can make the application from inside and then give biometrics in any official center that is not within Canada.

thanks a lot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I a PhD student - I came to Canada 3 years back and now need to extend my study permit for which I need to give biometrics. I was wondering if I can make the application from inside and then give biometrics in any official center that is not within Canada.

thanks a lot.
Believe there are no centres open in Canada.