+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BIOMETRICS FOR PR

ellis_shiraz

Feb 16, 2021
My Biometrics Letter has arrived, but when I tried to book an appointment with VFS the following happened:
1) Duplicate application number not accepted - Both my wife and I have the same number
2) VFS - Currently not accepting Biometrics for PR in India

Please provide us some solutions. We need to move by July as my son will have problems with admissions in schools in both India & Canada if the process gets delayed beyond June.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you just get a letter or you both got a letter? You can go outside the country to do biometrics. How are you allowed to travel by July as only COPR holders prior to March 2020 are allowed to enter? And why is it an issue in Canada unless your child is going to a private school? You can enrol your child in public schools anytime.

Reactions: Amiz

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My Biometrics Letter has arrived, but when I tried to book an appointment with VFS the following happened:
1) Duplicate application number not accepted - Both my wife and I have the same number

Please provide us some solutions. We need to move by July as my son will have problems with admissions in schools in both India & Canada if the process gets delayed beyond June.
Biometrics for PR in India are not open yet. I am waiting from Sep'20. Almost 6 months are gone but cant do anything except sit and wait patiently. Also, we are not allowed to travel as today restrictions have extended till Apr'21.

ellis_shiraz

Feb 16, 2021
Did you just get a letter or you both got a letter? You can go outside the country to do biometrics. How are you allowed to travel by July as only COPR holders prior to March 2020 are allowed to enter? And why is it an issue in Canada unless your child is going to a private school? You can enrol your child in public schools anytime.
Well I just needed some answers to my questions. Not setup an enquiry. Thanks anyway.

ellis_shiraz

Feb 16, 2021
Biometrics for PR in India are not open yet. I am waiting from Sep'20. Almost 6 months are gone but cant do anything except sit and wait patiently. Also, we are not allowed to travel as today restrictions have extended till Apr'21.
Yes I suppose you are right. Sad to hear that travel restrictions have been extended. Is there any way to secure a Biometrics appointment directly at the Embassy?

Reactions: Amiz

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I suppose you are right. Sad to hear that travel restrictions have been extended. Is there any way to secure a Biometrics appointment directly at the Embassy?
The embassy does not secure appointments. You can travel outside your country to complete biometrics. That is what many people are doing.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can travel to Dubai or Nepal for biometrics. Get it done and then wait for PR. But what concerns me is that post biometrics also, if I receive PR and it gets expired. Then again you are back to page-1. Due to biometric closure and travel restrictions, we guys are literally left with trauma and nothing else.

ellis_shiraz

Feb 16, 2021
You can travel to Dubai or Nepal for biometrics. Get it done and then wait for PR. But what concerns me is that post biometrics also, if I receive PR and it gets expired. Then again you are back to page-1. Due to biometric closure and travel restrictions, we guys are literally left with trauma and nothing else.
Well thanks for the advice. But honestly bro, i just cannot afford to travel out. Got a small kid with us. Also, financially, we're a bit tight. Did you raise a query using the webform after your 90 day period expired ?
What all steps have you been through so far, since you mentioned you've been at it since September?
And one more thing, won't you be able to travel once you have a PR? I mean through the Bubble agreement?

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well thanks for the advice. But honestly bro, i just cannot afford to travel out. Got a small kid with us. Also, financially, we're a bit tight. Did you raise a query using the webform after your 90 day period expired ?
What all steps have you been through so far, since you mentioned you've been at it since September?
And one more thing, won't you be able to travel once you have a PR? I mean through the Bubble agreement?
It was just a advice. You can just go as per your situation. Even, i am not travelling outside because in case i get biometrics done then also we cant travel because of travel restrictions. No, i haven't raised any web form because IRCC is well aware that biometrics are closed in India.

ellis_shiraz

Feb 16, 2021
It was just a advice. You can just go as per your situation. Even, i am not travelling outside because in case i get biometrics done then also we cant travel because of travel restrictions. No, i haven't raised any web form because IRCC is well aware that biometrics are closed in India.
Yes i read that the travel restrictions are extended up to April now. And yes, i do agree that IRCC is aware. But, just a thought, shouldn't we raise a query to let them know about our situation? Is this because of VFS or IRCC? (no biometrics in India)
Suppose i get a COPR and have a job offer, would i be permitted to travel then?

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes i read that the travel restrictions are extended up to April now. And yes, i do agree that IRCC is aware. But, just a thought, shouldn't we raise a query to let them know about our situation? Is this because of VFS or IRCC? (no biometrics in India)
As per my knowledge, no we aren't allowed to travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A job offer with COPR doesn’t allow entry. IRCC is aware. You can raise a webform but they are backlogged with requests and questions like yours. Many people have COPR since last year that are expiring but need to extended.

Feb 24, 2021

Were you able to resolve it ? How did you proceed ahead with the appointment booking then ? I am also trying to book the appointment for me and my wife, having same application number. Don't know how to proceed further.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021
Finally the biometrics appointment for PR Applicants got opened today. But now that me and my wife (dependent) are tryin got book the appointment, it is not allowing us to enter 2 applicant details with same application number.
How should we proceed ahead ?

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Finally after long wait, Biometrics for PR opened in India... I got it done today..