+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics for police certificate

Zaluzhna

May 15, 2019
Hi all,

I have received my biometrics collection letter 2 weeks ago, as well as a request for police clearance in Canada.
As a part of the process of getting a police check I need to submit my biometrics. Our local police office currently doesn't allow biometrics taken for the regular Police Record check, however they have posted a link to a private fingerprint business that is currently open and takes appointments.

Question: Since I already paid the biometric collection fee while applying for PR - would I need to pay again if I got my fingerprints done at the private business? Would I still have to wait until Service Canada offices open to get my picture taken even though I might get my fingerprints done at that other place?

So confused about this whole system... Thanks.

anderat

Jun 14, 2020
Hi,

Regarding the "RCMP Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints", you can obtain it from the "Canadian Corps of Commissionaires" (https://commissionaires.ca/en/national/home). They are already open. The service is not free ($52.50), but they get the fingerprints and send them directly to RCMP and you get the records at home after two weeks.

As far as I know, all the biometrics appointments are suspended in Canada and there is not information about when they are going back to work. In this case, you will need to wait for the reopening to have your biometrics collected. This is the reason IRCC extended the deadline to 90 days.

I hope I've helped. Unfortunately you will have to wait a while for biometrics but soon you will be able to solve it as well.

Good luck!

Anderson